The Student Room Group

Panic attack at college

I think I had a panic attack this morning. I got in, I was panicking, I couldn't think I was just sweating, I was out of breath and then I went to my tutor out of breath saying something but I forgot. I think I said something like im late to lesson because I was I think that is partly what caused it but the main reason was something else. So I got to my tutor, she was teaching another class, another staff member was there so I said can I speak to my teacher then she got my tutor and my tutor looked at me then asked if I had a panic attack. She took me to this room she said wait here then asked what is wrong so I said everything then we just spoke, I had my water and she told this other teacher to take me to my lesson. At this point I was just normal and calm. I was panicking yesterday evening as well and all night so I didn't get any sleep I remember getting and I was sweating.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Are you asking whether you had a panic attack or not?
Reply 3
Original post by jas149

No I wanted to ask if its embarassing
Reply 4
Original post by jas149

Its not the first time this has happened
Original post by Anonymous
I think I had a panic attack this morning. I got in, I was panicking, I couldn't think I was just sweating, I was out of breath and then I went to my tutor out of breath saying something but I forgot. I think I said something like im late to lesson because I was I think that is partly what caused it but the main reason was something else. So I got to my tutor, she was teaching another class, another staff member was there so I said can I speak to my teacher then she got my tutor and my tutor looked at me then asked if I had a panic attack. She took me to this room she said wait here then asked what is wrong so I said everything then we just spoke, I had my water and she told this other teacher to take me to my lesson. At this point I was just normal and calm. I was panicking yesterday evening as well and all night so I didn't get any sleep I remember getting and I was sweating.

Panic attacks are normal.
Everyone gets them occasionally. If this is an isolated event I wouldnt worry too much, if you have this more often I would go speak to your GP.

If you have one try and distract yourself, calm yourself down perhaps have a drink of water or splash some on your face and afterwards rationalise whats gone on.
Reply 6
Original post by mnot
Panic attacks are normal.
Everyone gets them occasionally. If this is an isolated event I wouldnt worry too much, if you have this more often I would go speak to your GP.

If you have one try and distract yourself, calm yourself down perhaps have a drink of water or splash some on your face and afterwards rationalise whats gone on.

I think this was my 2nd time
Original post by Anonymous
I think this was my 2nd time

You'll probably be more fine if you get more in a short period of time then go ask help.
If you get more you can always call 111 and see if they can advise.
Reply 8
Original post by mnot
You'll probably be more fine if you get more in a short period of time then go ask help.
If you get more you can always call 111 and see if they can advise.

I find it hard because all though my teacher did help me the other times I tried to get help but I get called rude and got attitude from the teacher, I got laughed at by a ta, I get laughed at by my teacher, I got laughed at by other students, im always getting laughed at or haters on tsr . I cant take this anymore I feel like everyone hates me in this world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending