The Student Room Group

Friends???

Alright so I’m considerably an introvert and have a very small group of friends. We’re all very close, but none of them ever check up on me? They don’t bother texting or asking about me generally. Especially my best friend, she rarely messages me and doesn’t check on me like I usually do. My phone is rarely occupied and that’s not a bad thing, I don’t mind it. But it would be nice to have friends asking me how I am here and there, that’s really it. Any tips?
Do you check up on your friends?
Honestly my friends do the same and I’m an extrovert and always ask about them, it’s sad really as they always come to me to ‘vent’ but then they never ask how I am. My advice to you, that I recently learned, is that friends are for the good times. Some just don’t bother with asking how you are cause trust me, people only bother about themselves. Stay friends with them, but don’t ask how they are anymore if you do if they don’t reciprocate that back. Take care x
Reply 3
Original post by black tea
Do you check up on your friends?

Yes I do but I just get dead replies 🤷🏽*♀️
Reply 4
Original post by EstelleA
Honestly my friends do the same and I’m an extrovert and always ask about them, it’s sad really as they always come to me to ‘vent’ but then they never ask how I am. My advice to you, that I recently learned, is that friends are for the good times. Some just don’t bother with asking how you are cause trust me, people only bother about themselves. Stay friends with them, but don’t ask how they are anymore if you do if they don’t reciprocate that back. Take care x

I guess you’re right. At the end of the day, the real ones would stay but I just have to wait and see. I tend to think a bit too much. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
Original post by iamtee
I guess you’re right. At the end of the day, the real ones would stay but I just have to wait and see. I tend to think a bit too much. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

It’s cool, just the other week I cried cause my friends vented their miseries to me but didn’t even ask how I was, my grandparents were diagnosed with covid but they didn’t even bother to ask about it. I guess some people just don’t think or care to think, their lives only revolve around them. If no one’s gonna ask I’ll ask, how are you?
Reply 6
Original post by EstelleA
It’s cool, just the other week I cried cause my friends vented their miseries to me but didn’t even ask how I was, my grandparents were diagnosed with covid but they didn’t even bother to ask about it. I guess some people just don’t think or care to think, their lives only revolve around them. If no one’s gonna ask I’ll ask, how are you?

I am so sorry and I pray that your grandparents will be fine hopefully. It is impossible to bear the pain of seeing your loved ones in pain. I really hope they get better soon, and I hope you feel better too. Thank you for asking, I am doing fine. Listen, you don’t need those sort of friends if they will be this selfish, you deserve better.
Original post by iamtee
I am so sorry and I pray that your grandparents will be fine hopefully. It is impossible to bear the pain of seeing your loved ones in pain. I really hope they get better soon, and I hope you feel better too. Thank you for asking, I am doing fine. Listen, you don’t need those sort of friends if they will be this selfish, you deserve better.

Thank you, I ask the same for you. We will meet the right people but don’t worry yourself too much about it, it’s life and people will always come, stay and then go. Sending love, take care of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending