The Student Room Group

Female stuff- help

Hey i noticed some black/dark brown discharge like stuff in my pants not much like around pea size and it’s totally unexpected- i had my period 2 weeks ago and currently in the ovulation stage. Is it anything serious ?
Also i’m not sure if this is relevant but it’s been ages since i shaved down so could it be related?
Period blood can be a dark brown color.
I know this probably sounds gross, but could you not be wiping your bum properly, and it's leftover poop.
It’s just blood from your last period as blood goes brown when deoxygenated. Shouldn’t be anything to worry about or be related to shaving haha
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey i noticed some black/dark brown discharge like stuff in my pants not much like around pea size and it’s totally unexpected- i had my period 2 weeks ago and currently in the ovulation stage. Is it anything serious ?
Also i’m not sure if this is relevant but it’s been ages since i shaved down so could it be related?

Oh yea, I get that when I'm starting my period and when I'm ending it. It's nothing serious, it's just the leftover stuff. It doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. I think it's just because you're in the ovulation stage, though it's kind of fascinating since it's only been two weeks since your last period. It might just come again (early) this time around.
Reply 4
Original post by sunny.side.up
Period blood can be a dark brown color.
I know this probably sounds gross, but could you not be wiping your bum properly, and it's leftover poop.

it’s not black black like when u first look at it it’s black but when in the light it’s dark brown lolll
Reply 5
Original post by ballet.nerd
It’s just blood from your last period as blood goes brown when deoxygenated. Shouldn’t be anything to worry about or be related to shaving haha

yeah that’s what i was thinking too.. but it’s not even the time of my period so i got a little scared. Thank you!
Ewwwwww nasty

Ahhh this happens to me too. So basically I get it when I started my period and finished it. I only started my period 2 months ago and asked a doctor about it and they said brown/black discharge can come before and after a period. Don't stress too much bout it lovely it's normal to happen.
Don't worry its not related to shaving at all - more period related than shaving related.
Hope this helps,
Zara x
Reply 8
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Ahhh this happens to me too. So basically I get it when I started my period and finished it. I only started my period 2 months ago and asked a doctor about it and they said brown/black discharge can come before and after a period. Don't stress too much bout it lovely it's normal to happen.
Don't worry its not related to shaving at all - more period related than shaving related.
Hope this helps,
Zara x

Thank you so much. So sweet of u to help :smile:
I have had my period for 5 years now and i haven’t experienced this before so i was just checking if it’s normal.
Reply 9
Ewwwwww nasty

i’m guessing your a boy 🙄
Please answer guys. I had an unprotected sex last month on December 5, 2020 but the sperm was outside only. I got my period on December 17, 2020. I'm confused because this month January 17, 2021, this is the time that i will got my period but i notice that I have brown discharge but no period. And past few days i notice vaginal dryness but this month i don't have penetrative sex. But why am i having brown discharge instead of period and I tried to finger myself to now if there is blood, then after i saw blood in my finger. Am i pregnant?
Reply 11
Please answer guys. I had an unprotected sex last month on December 5, 2020 but the sperm was outside only. I got my period on December 17, 2020. I'm confused because this month January 17, 2021, this is the time that i will got my period but i notice that I have brown discharge but no period. And past few days i notice vaginal dryness but this month i don't have penetrative sex. But why am i having brown discharge instead of period and I tried to finger myself to now if there is blood, then after i saw blood in my finger. Am i pregnant?

it just seems like your period is wanting to come but isn't. idk you should drink tea like chamomile tea or something that can purge your system that'll help bring along your period. but I honestly wouldn't be too worried. the vaginal dryness could be from anything. as long as you don't have an odor I'm not too worried.
Original post by kasuke
it just seems like your period is wanting to come but isn't. idk you should drink tea like chamomile tea or something that can purge your system that'll help bring along your period. but I honestly wouldn't be too worried. the vaginal dryness could be from anything. as long as you don't have an odor I'm not too worried.

Hello. Thank you for answering. My brown discharge only lasted for 2 days and i got no period. Why is this happening? I'm overthinking :frown:
Original post by kasuke
Oh yea, I get that when I'm starting my period and when I'm ending it. It's nothing serious, it's just the leftover stuff. It doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. I think it's just because you're in the ovulation stage, though it's kind of fascinating since it's only been two weeks since your last period. It might just come again (early) this time around.

Hi just come across this thread and i need to jump on as I’m really scared rn !
im due on my period in like 2-3 days and today I’ve had like black / brown discharge .
I’m so scared I’m reading stuff that’s saying it could be a serious problem ! So I’m legit thinking I’m gonna die
I’m 22 and never had this before .
I’m glad to hear youve experienced similar .
Is it just my body prepping for the next period ?
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Hope this helps,
Zara x

Hi
I’m 22 and really scared .
I’m due on my period the next couple days and today I’ve experienced quite a bit of black and brown discharge. I’ve been driving myself crazy telling myself I’m going to die !
So I’m glad you’ve experienced the same thing .
Is it normal ? Is it my body flushing out old stuff?
I’m so scared as it was black !
Hi
I’m due on my period the next couple days and today I’ve experienced quite a bit of black and brown discharge. I’ve been driving myself crazy telling myself I’m going to die !

Hi don't look too much into it! I think it's just some old discharge your body is trying to flush out, it should go away after a day or so.
Hi

Hi there!
Awww dont stress about it too much lovely :hugs:
Its totally normal! And yh ur body is just flushing old discharge from ur body. Ah mine has been black before too - don't worry its totally normal. Everything's going to be fine just breathe in and breathe out. Dont stress to much about it hun :console:
Hope this helps,
Zara x

Quick Reply

Latest