The Student Room Group

do any girls really think looks aren't important?

and if that is really true, why do all the guys who are the most sought after by women are the best looking ones irrespective of personality?

I wouldn't ask this question but I see it repeated everywhere online and I'm wondering if it's true or just wanting to appear deep and not superficial or shallow. This is a good place cuz of anon, we can express ourselves freely on this issue without judgement.

Scroll to see replies

:biggrin:
Looks are not everything
Of course looks are important
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
:biggrin:

what
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
Of course looks are important

I thought so too but women in online forums deny it
Reply 6
Makes sense...
Fair enough lol
Reply 8
Everyone has different tastes but still to some degree have to find the person good looking. Personality can make someone even more good looking but if you don’t find their looks appealing or have any attraction, it’s very rare that their personality will win over looks. It is superficial but there has to be attraction.
looks are important for everybody.
Personality and inner beauty are phrases ugly people use to make themselves feel better.

In the case of men, they don't carry out xrays to see a woman's "inner beauty"
Original post by Iamherenow1
looks are important for everybody.
Personality and inner beauty are phrases ugly people use to make themselves feel better.

In the case of men, they don't carry out xrays to see a woman's "inner beauty"

Well I rarely hear men saying that they look for personality, it's mostly women who say that. So I am not saying that men aren't shallow, it's just not a secret. That and men are easy so even if they're shallow they settle for whoever they can get really.
Take these TSR opinions with a grain of salt man, in real life looks are usually a massive factor - especially with the initial "getting to know each other" phase.

Rarely do you know ones personality before you see them, unless online, so saying personality is the main factor in dating is ridiculous. Plus relationships with people you're not attracted to don't seem to have good lifespans - unless for some other gain (COUGH money)
Original post by V℮rsions
Take these TSR opinions with a grain of salt man, in real life looks are usually a massive factor - especially with the initial "getting to know each other" phase.

Rarely do you know ones personality before you see them, unless online, so saying personality is the main factor in dating is ridiculous. Plus relationships with people you're not attracted to don't seem to have good lifespans - unless for some other gain (COUGH money)

exactly

like i said. On a first date a bloke doesnt carry around an xray machine to see the "inner beauty". You look like a bulldog chewing a wasp then you are out.
Looks are usually important to some extent in terms of sexual attraction for most people who can see.
But not the main focus in terms of compatibility when seeking a suitable partner for a long term relationship or marriage.
Original post by V℮rsions

If you don't date strangers, you can know their personality before you go on a date.
Reply 15
When someone's personality is attractive, it is easier to see through their not-so-attractive physical appearance. I dont think looks have a drastic impact on attraction.
They are important to an extent.

Since you don't know a person's personality before you get to know them, it's that initial looks and attraction that usually drive you to get to know a person. Obviously they're only important to a certain extent though. If he's hot but a total tool, I definitely wouldn't want to date him.
If you don't date strangers, you can know their personality before you go on a date.

They did this years ago as a social experiment with a tv series called dating in the dark.
The premise being since you are in the dark and cant see what the person looks like you build rapport based on personality
Every and i mean every single time the girl or boy at the reveal didnt find the other person attractive, they were dropped like a bad habit there and then.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
When someone's personality is attractive, it is easier to see through their not-so-attractive physical appearance. I dont think looks have a drastic impact on attraction.

would you date an ugly boy if you thought he had a great personality? truthfully
and if that is really true, why do all the guys who are the most sought after by women are the best looking ones irrespective of personality?

I wouldn't ask this question but I see it repeated everywhere online and I'm wondering if it's true or just wanting to appear deep and not superficial or shallow. This is a good place cuz of anon, we can express ourselves freely on this issue without judgement.

Every single guy/girl find looks important obv like no one wants to date someone who isn't attractive and if u think about it u don't approach someone cuz of their personality cuz u can't know that since u haven't talked to them u approach ppl based on looks and from there u get to find out about their personality

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending