The Student Room Group

Student finance help

I applied for student finance but on my application summary it only has basic maintenance loan there, I applied for the maximum student loan but its not on my application summary?
WHAT TO DO? CAN I CANCEL MY APPLICATION?
Original post by traineemaths123
I applied for student finance but on my application summary it only has basic maintenance loan there, I applied for the maximum student loan but its not on my application summary?
WHAT TO DO? CAN I CANCEL MY APPLICATION?

DO NOT CANCEL YOUR APPLICATION

Everyone is awarded the basic loan first. SFE fast track awarding the basic amount - THEN they will do the household income assessment when they have all your household income information. The household income assessment takes a few weeks or months to get done (it’s done by a human being not a computer). Once it is done SFE will amend your loan amount upwards.
Original post by PQ
DO NOT CANCEL YOUR APPLICATION

Everyone is awarded the basic loan first. SFE fast track awarding the basic amount - THEN they will do the household income assessment when they have all your household income information. The household income assessment takes a few weeks or months to get done (it’s done by a human being not a computer). Once it is done SFE will amend your loan amount upwards.

On my application summary it only shows the basic maintenance loan even though I applied for the highest amount, so all of this will still be done and changed?
Original post by traineemaths123
On my application summary it only shows the basic maintenance loan even though I applied for the highest amount, so all of this will still be done and changed?

Yes it just takes time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending