The Student Room Group

change course on student finance application

I applied to student finance back in march and my application was approved and sorted. However after receiving better results than expected, I decided to gain a place for a different course at the same university though clearing and have been given an offer and accepted it. I have therefore immediately changed my course to the new one on my student finance application and it says 'application submitted'. I am just wondering how long it will take for the application to be processed and if I will get my student loan money on time as I start Uni on the 20th September and my first rent instalment is due then. im hoping that it would be sorted fairly quickly as student finance have all my household income information already due to me applying and giving that information months ago.
Original post by laurabeeforth22
I applied to student finance back in march and my application was approved and sorted. However after receiving better results than expected, I decided to gain a place for a different course at the same university though clearing and have been given an offer and accepted it. I have therefore immediately changed my course to the new one on my student finance application and it says 'application submitted'. I am just wondering how long it will take for the application to be processed and if I will get my student loan money on time as I start Uni on the 20th September and my first rent instalment is due then. im hoping that it would be sorted fairly quickly as student finance have all my household income information already due to me applying and giving that information months ago.

Hi!
Congratulations on your results and your offer!
Student finance applications take about 6 weeks to be processed. Given that you are only changing your course, I believe that it takes about 20 working days (this could be longer or shorter depending on the volume of applications they have). Most courses don't start until October so you should be fine. Student finance pays your tuition fee and your first instalment of maintenance loan when the term starts (usually the start of October). Have you checked when your instalments will be paid for your maintenance loan? I would recommend checking those dates as they often align with term dates (so you may not actually receive student finance until the official term starts - in most cases, this is the end of September/start of October). Because you've already updated your details, I'm pretty confident that it will be processed before you start and you will get your money on time.
Don't panic though! Student finance will make sure that, even if the change hasn't been processed when you start university, you will receive funding. On the occasion that it doesn't get accepted before you start they will give you some of the funding and you will get the rest once it has been processed.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
Hello, similar to the above query, I applied for a transfer to a different course with my university. Ive only just changed it on my Student Finance as I’ve only just found out my transfer was successful. However, my first maintenance loan is due on the 27th, as I’ve updated my details and it says it can take up to 6 weeks or 48 hours, will this mean I won’t receive any of my maintenance loan on the 27th? I’ve checked and the tution loan doesn’t come out untill the 20th of October.Any help will be appreciated
Original post by kimberley.clay
Hello, similar to the above query, I applied for a transfer to a different course with my university. Ive only just changed it on my Student Finance as I’ve only just found out my transfer was successful. However, my first maintenance loan is due on the 27th, as I’ve updated my details and it says it can take up to 6 weeks or 48 hours, will this mean I won’t receive any of my maintenance loan on the 27th? I’ve checked and the tution loan doesn’t come out untill the 20th of October.Any help will be appreciated

Original post by laurabeeforth22

Hi,

Please allow up to 8 weeks to be re assessed after submitting the changes, if you are an SFE applicant then you can show your university your previous entitlement letter and ask them to manually confirm your registration so that your funding is released to you without delays even if the changes have not been assessed yet.

https://www.heinfo.slc.co.uk/resources/guidance/student-information-service-user-guide/registration-confirmation/manual-registration/

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending