The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lauraelise91
Hi, I am Laura i am wanting to study paramedic science :smile: first choice is Hull but also applying for Sheffield, Lincoln and Huddersfield. I am currently do my Access to H.E online

Hi, I am wanting to do Paramedic Science as well but my first choice is University of Stirling but I am also applying to Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret, West of Scotland and Robert Gordon! How are you finding the application? :smile:
Hi i am applying for music at Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham and Bath Spa.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello,I'm currently doing A levels sociology, pyschology, economics and english and if I manage to get As or A* at all these will my GCSE grades being 3A,2A*,1B,1C stop me from getting into an Ivy league?
Original post by Lauraelise91
Hi, I am Laura i am wanting to study paramedic science :smile: first choice is Hull but also applying for Sheffield, Lincoln and Huddersfield. I am currently do my Access to H.E online

Hi @Lauraelise91,

It is great to hear that you are applying to the University of Lincoln for our Paramedic Science course. If you have any questions about your application feel free to get in touch with our enquiries team via email [email protected].

We also have some current students on Unibuddy who will be more than happy to chat to you about their current experiences at Lincoln, you can find all their profiles here.

Best of luck with your application!!

Megan
Year 3 BA Education Student
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hey!

Are you applying to university in 2022?

Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying.

If you can't find your chat make a new thread here and tag in StrawberryDreams! If you have already made a chat and it's not listed here, please tag me into and I'll add it in!

Chats with a link will be blue with a >>, if you can't click yours then it hasn't been made yet.

Application details ice-breaker questions

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

Below is a list of subject and university-specific group chats/application threads which you might like to get involved in. Click +Show next to the letter your uni starts with below and the links will appear:

University Applicant Threads:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

WXYZ

Universities outside the UK:
Hong Kong >>
Ireland > >
USA/Ivy League >>
Canada >>
Australia >>
Netherlands >>
Bocconi >>
PPLE at University of Amsterdam

Other:
Teacher Training>>
Disabled Students >>
Mature Students >>
Italian Applicants >>
Canadian Applicants >>

Subject Applicant Threads:

All med school applicant threads can be found here >>

ABC

DEFGHI

JKLMNO

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

Hello! an international student from Singapore here, I sent off my application through UCAS yesterday about 8am UK time. I wish to pursue Psychology in Education at Birmingham, York, Southampton, Lincoln and Loughborough. Are there any chats with Birmingham as its my dream uni or for Singaporean students? Thank you :smile:
Hello guys, I was worried about applying for university, I am currently in year 13 doing BTEC Level 3 in Information Technology as Diploma which is equivalent to 2 A levels and a BTEC Level 3 in Business as extended certificate which is equivalent to 1 A level and might do Italian as A level, I think by the end I would get in IT: D*D and in Business: D* and in Italian an A*. I wanted to apply to a university for a computer science degree either in a Russel group or a in a top 100 ranking, I have called a few unis and they said I need an A level with the Diploma but I'm doing another single business. Can anyone please help me? when I called them I did not tell them that I would be doing Italian as A level. Any other courses I can do in a uni? thanks
Reply 66
guys is there a disadvantage in sending your UCAS application in January nearer the deadline?
sent my UCAS application just time to forget about it now till I hear back
Hi guys,

Just to make you all aware that we still have many clearing spaces on many of our courses available.

To discuss further, please contact us on our clearing line at 0151 291 3636 or via email [email protected]

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Dylan
@StrawberryDreams just made one for Korean Studies here!
Original post by _itstomz_
Hello! an international student from Singapore here, I sent off my application through UCAS yesterday about 8am UK time. I wish to pursue Psychology in Education at Birmingham, York, Southampton, Lincoln and Loughborough. Are there any chats with Birmingham as its my dream uni or for Singaporean students? Thank you :smile:

Apologies for the late response! Of course, this is the group chat for Birmingham students :smile:

Original post by Esingh-2001
Hello guys, I was worried about applying for university, I am currently in year 13 doing BTEC Level 3 in Information Technology as Diploma which is equivalent to 2 A levels and a BTEC Level 3 in Business as extended certificate which is equivalent to 1 A level and might do Italian as A level, I think by the end I would get in IT: D*D and in Business: D* and in Italian an A*. I wanted to apply to a university for a computer science degree either in a Russel group or a in a top 100 ranking, I have called a few unis and they said I need an A level with the Diploma but I'm doing another single business. Can anyone please help me? when I called them I did not tell them that I would be doing Italian as A level. Any other courses I can do in a uni? thanks

Hey! I would double check their entry requirements again - if you are two BTEC's that equate to three A-levels then that may be suitable for some universities but not others. Give them a call again and let them know about your Italian A-level and see what they say - you may need to have a specific subject related A-level if your BTEC in Information Technology isn't suitable. Try and narrow down your search a bit before calling and chatting to them in-depth about what they need.

Original post by teeee7
guys is there a disadvantage in sending your UCAS application in January nearer the deadline?

As long as you apply before the deadline you'll receive equal consideration - don't feel the need to rush it! :biggrin:

Original post by liamlarner
sent my UCAS application just time to forget about it now till I hear back

Congratulations and good luck! Keep us updated :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by v.genericname
@StrawberryDreams just made one for Korean Studies here!

Thanks so much! Will get this added in :biggrin:
Hi
I’m Applying for Law with English law in Aberdeen uni
I’m also applying to Dundee for Scots and English law [dual qualifying]
And Abertay uni for Scots law
My higher grades: AAAC
National 5s [GCSEs] AABBBD
Original post by Pollokshed
Hi
I’m Applying for Law with English law in Aberdeen uni
I’m also applying to Dundee for Scots and English law [dual qualifying]
And Abertay uni for Scots law
My higher grades: AAAC
National 5s [GCSEs] AABBBD

Good luck! Keep us updated on your application journey :biggrin:
Hi, I did text in that group about 4 days ago, do you know how long they take to respond? Thank You!
Apologies for the late response! Of course, this is the group chat for Birmingham students :smile:

Hey! I would double check their entry requirements again - if you are two BTEC's that equate to three A-levels then that may be suitable for some universities but not others. Give them a call again and let them know about your Italian A-level and see what they say - you may need to have a specific subject related A-level if your BTEC in Information Technology isn't suitable. Try and narrow down your search a bit before calling and chatting to them in-depth about what they need.

As long as you apply before the deadline you'll receive equal consideration - don't feel the need to rush it! :biggrin:

Congratulations and good luck! Keep us updated :biggrin:
Hi, I did text in that group about 4 days ago, do you know how long they take to respond? Thank You!

I've just tagged them in again to your post so fingers crossed they can reply shortly :smile: If there is anything we can help you with generally please do let me know!
I've just tagged them in again to your post so fingers crossed they can reply shortly :smile: If there is anything we can help you with generally please do let me know!

Sure! thank you so much. I guess as of now mostly its the impatient wait for offers that's on my mind haha. could you tell me if there's a group chat for Singaporean students?
Sure! thank you so much. I guess as of now mostly its the impatient wait for offers that's on my mind haha. could you tell me if there's a group chat for Singaporean students?

I know - the wait is always tough, you can do it though! :smile:

As far as I know there isn't one set up already, but if you fancied making one you can always do so here and I am more than happy to add it to the directory in the first post of this thread :yep:
I know - the wait is always tough, you can do it though! :smile:

As far as I know there isn't one set up already, but if you fancied making one you can always do so here and I am more than happy to add it to the directory in the first post of this thread :yep:

thank you so much! just curious roughly how long does it take for unis to respond?
thank you so much! just curious roughly how long does it take for unis to respond?

It totally depends - you've applied quite early so it may mean you get a response in a few weeks, but it can take up to a couple of months. Average wait time is usually around 7 weeks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending