The Student Room Group

Why do I go to the toilet so much?

I always have a lot of bowel movement (means each time I go to the toilet, my body produces a lot of faeces) . Even though I go every morning, I still get urge to go again so it's always twice. And since the last month, I have cramps in my intestines and it hurts if I don't go. Even after I go, my intestines still hurt . Except on some days, it doesn't.

My GP doesn't care and says I have celiac disease but I don't understand why do I pass so much stool. I hate going to the toilet as I use bidet spray and there are no attached ones so I have to use the handheld one which does the job but I prefer the attached ones.

Do I have a serious intestinal illness or its normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I always have a lot of bowel movement (means each time I go to the toilet, my body produces a lot of faeces) . Even though I go every morning, I still get urge to go again so it's always twice. And since the last month, I have cramps in my intestines and it hurts if I don't go. Even after I go, my intestines still hurt . Except on some days, it doesn't.

My GP doesn't care and says I have celiac disease but I don't understand why do I pass so much stool. I hate going to the toilet as I use bidet spray and there are no attached ones so I have to use the handheld one which does the job but I prefer the attached ones.

If you have Coeliac disease then you need to read up about it: start here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coeliac-disease/

If you're not happy with your GP, have you tried talking to a different one?
What do you expect your GP to do? To change your bidet?

They have told you you have Coeliac disease - that can give you stomach cramps. Read up about it and avoid the foods that you shouldn't be having and your stomach will hurt less. And get a different bidet if you don't like the one you have :rolleyes:

I don't understand how this works technically speaking.

You consume "x" amount of food and water.
And your body also has to 'output' "y" amount of (digested) food and water, via poo, pee, sweat, shedding dead skin, clipping your nails and hair loss. Potentially loosing blood via open wounds and/or amputations.

If, y=x, then you maintain the same body weight.

If 'x' does not equal 'y'... then you either put on weight (fat or muscle, depending on the quality of things you eat), or you loose weight. So are you consuming disproportionate amounts of food and/or water to compensate for the extra poo? Or are you consuming normal amounts and loosing weight instead? Or have you grown your hair and nails ridiculously long to compensate the weight loss?

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
What do you expect your GP to do? To change your bidet?

They have told you you have Coeliac disease - that can give you stomach cramps. Read up about it and avoid the foods that you shouldn't be having and your stomach will hurt less. And get a different bidet if you don't like the one you have :rolleyes:

They haven't. I don't have coeliac disease
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
If you have Coeliac disease then you need to read up about it: start here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coeliac-disease/

If you're not happy with your GP, have you tried talking to a different one?

I dont have Coeliac disease. I think I have diverticulitis or some ulcers in my intestine
Original post by NonIndigenous
I don't understand how this works technically speaking.

You consume "x" amount of food and water.
And your body also has to 'output' "y" amount of (digested) food and water, via poo, pee, sweat, shedding dead skin, clipping your nails and hair loss. Potentially loosing blood via open wounds and/or amputations.

If, y=x, then you maintain the same body weight.

If 'x' does not equal 'y'... then you either put on weight (fat or muscle, depending on the quality of things you eat), or you loose weight. So are you consuming disproportionate amounts of food and/or water to compensate for the extra poo? Or are you consuming normal amounts and loosing weight instead?

Spoiler

How on earth have you managed to turn the human digestive system into an algebraic equation?
They haven't. I don't have coeliac disease

You said in your original post that your GP told you you have coeliac disease.
Reply 8
You said in your original post that your GP told you you have coeliac disease.

She did suggest it but I don't have it. She still thinks I could have it when it could be ulcerative or diverticulitis
She did suggest it but I don't have it. She still thinks I could have it when it could be ulcerative or diverticulitis

Have you been tested?
Have you been tested?

No for diverticulitis and ulcerative
Original post by cleveranimal56
How on earth have you managed to turn the human digestive system into an algebraic equation?

Cos I'm an even more clever animal.
No for diverticulitis and ulcerative

So you have been tested for Coeliac disease and your GP is telling you you have it but you don't think you do?
So you have been tested for Coeliac disease and your GP is telling you you have it but you don't think you do?

The test for Coeliac was negative yet she's saying it's probably it or bacteria H.pyrori
The test for Coeliac was negative yet she's saying it's probably it or bacteria H.pyrori

Have you been tested for H. Pylori then? If you disagree with what your GP is saying, you need to go and see another one, not ask on a student forum.
Have you been tested for H. Pylori then? If you disagree with what your GP is saying, you need to go and see another one, not ask on a student forum.

No but it affects the stomach not intestines and I experience cramps in my intestines not stomach
No but it affects the stomach not intestines and I experience cramps in my intestines not stomach

So go back to your GP. Maybe you just have IBS.
So go back to your GP. Maybe you just have IBS.

Why ibs? Don't you think I have ulcers?
Why ibs? Don't you think I have ulcers?

Ulcers don't make you poo a lot.
Ulcers don't make you poo a lot.

Ulcerative and Diverticulitis???

Quick Reply

Latest