The Student Room Group

Help with offers from university, via UCAS application.

So I applied for Health and Social care, Psychology, Cyber Security and Computer science undergraduate, I've been offered a place for psychology and health and social care, however the cycber security and computer science, have yet to be declined or accepted, what do I do? It's been like this for almost a month, does that mean I'm declined?

If thats the case why not simply decline via ucas? Because its holding me back from accepting my place, incase it's just them taking longer to reach a decision.
Do you mean you are still waiting for Universities to make a decision on some of your choices?
If so - just phone them and politely ask 'when will you be able to make a decision'?'.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Do you mean you are still waiting for Universities to make a decision on some of your choices?
If so - just phone them and politely ask 'when will you be able to make a decision'?'.

I'll consider doing that as I don't have much choice, are you sure they might not see it as rude?
Hey, as @McGinger mentioned, just ask them politely and they'd be happy to give you an update!
Original post by xKayTea
I'll consider doing that as I don't have much choice, are you sure they might not see it as rude?

No, they wont, promise.
"Please can you tell me when I can expect a decision?' isn't rude.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
No, they wont, promise.
"Please can you tell me when I can expect a decision?' isn't rude.

Okay thank you
Reply 6
Update: The receptionist must've been having a bad day as she told me to 'just do it by email' said, okay thank you and got an annoyed 'bye' lol. Anyways, thank you guys for the replies. :smile:
Original post by xKayTea
Update: The receptionist must've been having a bad day as she told me to 'just do it by email' said, okay thank you and got an annoyed 'bye' lol. Anyways, thank you guys for the replies. :smile:

Did you call the admissions team specifically?
Reply 8
Yes, of course.
Original post by xKayTea
So I applied for Health and Social care, Psychology, Cyber Security and Computer science undergraduate, I've been offered a place for psychology and health and social care, however the cycber security and computer science, have yet to be declined or accepted, what do I do? It's been like this for almost a month, does that mean I'm declined?

If thats the case why not simply decline via ucas? Because its holding me back from accepting my place, incase it's just them taking longer to reach a decision.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is because you have applied for so many different, and very unrelated, courses. A computer science department probably isn’t overly thrilled when they have someone applying with a personal statement that talks about psychology and health and social care.
Reply 10
Original post by Mintkoala
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is because you have applied for so many different, and very unrelated, courses. A computer science department probably isn’t overly thrilled when they have someone applying with a personal statement that talks about psychology and health and social care.

The personal statement mentioned more about the computing aspect, and haven't declined yet so I'm still hopeful. I was raised around computers, and made sure to make sure the university knew that, I believe thats not the issue, but the issue is I haven't taken related courses because of the untraditional way I had to get to this point. So although my passion is there, the unrelated courses I had to go down the route of are otherwise.
Original post by xKayTea
Yes, of course.

Fair enough, I was just a bit thrown as you mentioned a receptionist and most admissions teams don’t have one. You’d either speak to a member of the team or an enquiries person.
Reply 12
Original post by Admit-One
Fair enough, I was just a bit thrown as you mentioned a receptionist and most admissions teams don’t have one. You’d either speak to a member of the team or an enquiries person.

Ah well I just call them receptionists my bad. I spoke to the admissions team directly, I am not that stupid to ask a general receptionist or call handler about my specific question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending