The Student Room Group

Do any other guys get an urge to have kids?

I'm only 20... and in no way am i financially or mentally fit for having kids yet..... but I really love the idea of raising a kid with the woman i love. I just love the idea of creating a new life with my woman and being able to teach my child about all the amazing things in the world. I think the idea of a pregnant woman is so beautiful also. Basically just having kids seems so awesome right now. But i'll wait 6 or so years when I have more time and money.

Yes i'm a sop.... but any other guys here just like the idea of having kids? I say an "urge" because a few years ago I really really would not have been into the idea... but now i just seem changed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Kids love me. Dont know why :dontknow:.
I do like the idea of having kids, thats if i find the right girl
Reply 2
Think about kids after 30. Chill now.
Reply 3
Not really. I'd like to at some point in the future, but it's not an urge, more of an aim, like getting a good job, car etc.
Reply 4
Yea I get this, although I know I won't have kids for at least another 6-8 years. Can't say this is a new thing though, I've always wanted to have kids...
Reply 5
yeh OP i literally think the same way also as you. i cant wait having a little boy and teaching him football andstuff lol
Reply 6
Yeah, probably. It's natural, isn't it?
Reply 7
Yes. Although I'd like to be able to put them in a time machine until they are at least potty trained - it's just the thought of a screaming baby for a few years... Oh well it is worth it in the end I suppose.
Anonymous
I'm only 20... and in no way am i financially or mentally fit for having kids yet..... but I really love the idea of raising a kid with the woman i love. I just love the idea of creating a new life with my woman and being able to teach my child about all the amazing things in the world. I think the idea of a pregnant woman is so beautiful also. Basically just having kids seems so awesome right now. But i'll wait 6 or so years when I have more time and money.

Yes i'm a sop.... but any other guys here just like the idea of having kids? I say an "urge" because a few years ago I really really would not have been into the idea... but now i just seem changed.

Absolutely. Certainly one of the things that my partner and I are working towards. Luckily we're both mature enough to wait until we're financially capable of providing a good upbringing for a child before we have one.
If/when the 'time comes' I'd like 3/4 children. I sometimes get a bit broody :getmecoat:
Reply 10
Tefhel
Yes. Although I'd like to be able to put them in a time machine until they are at least potty trained - it's just the thought of a screaming baby for a few years... Oh well it is worth it in the end I suppose.

really? Thats the fun bit. I don't like screaming, mobile toddlers, running around, and leggin it out of the house.

Tis fun when they are at the crawling stage, or new born stage.
I don't think is weird, tbh :dontknow: I have a friend who often goes on about how many kids he wants etc, and I think he'll make a great dad someday.
Reply 12
Run away?
Reply 13
el che
Run away?

well done on yer UCAS!
Anonymous

You're not 20, you're 40. And you're having a midlife crisis. Get over it so you can start pounding random birds again.
I don't find many guys who talk about this sort of thing in day-to-day conversations but i certainly want kids just not now with college and a-levels etc..

as you've said OP i will consider the possiblities when i'm financially secure and have a good job and able to raise a kid, but i think i've got the necessary skills:teehee: because i pretty much looked after my cousin since birth- not saying it'll be easy though.

oh and pregnant woman are sooo hot!:sexface:
Anonymous

I love the idea too, but it's not an urge. I just want it to happen in few years, (a good few years).
My husband can't wait to be a dad and has felt this way for a few years. Think it's only natural!
Reply 18
I was only thinking about this the other day. Not going to do it yet of course, I'm still young so not going to happen yet. Something I certainly aim for.

Seems Uncle Adolf has had his comments deleted.
FieldLeftBlank
I don't think is weird, tbh :dontknow: I have a friend who often goes on about how many kids he wants etc, and I think he'll make a great dad someday.

He's probably a paedophile.

Latest

Trending

Trending