The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
strawberry
I'm "one of the boys" and have loads of guy friends and get along a heck of a lot better with guys. one of my best friends is a guy, and he has been my best friend for about 6 years now.

I roll my eyes when I hear a girl say "I'm one of the boyz" and "I get along loads better with ghuys". What personality defect do you have that means you can't get on with women?

Do they not trust you because you are a total slut who's gonna shag their man, per chance?

his first girlfriend had an issue with me being around, but I always say to whatever girlfriend he has ... if I wanted to be with him, she wouldn't even be in the picture.

QE - ******* - D.
strawberry
I'm "one of the boys" and have loads of guy friends and get along a heck of a lot better with guys. one of my best friends is a guy, and he has been my best friend for about 6 years now. his first girlfriend had an issue with me being around, but I always say to whatever girlfriend he has ... if I wanted to be with him, she wouldn't even be in the picture.

Then again you've kissed more girls than guys and study electrical engineering. Not sure how much of a threat you present.
Reply 42
Tootles
There has been alcohol involved. Nothing happened. I doubt anything ever will.

So you want me to believe you are not interested in taking advantage of a hot woman when you have the opportunity, because she is a "friend". ********. If you're not gay, you're a liar.

I accept in some cases hot men can be friends with fat, hideously ugly women. But you're not making any exceptions here.
(edited 13 years ago)
twl
I roll my eyes when I hear a girl say "I'm one of the boyz" and "I get along loads better with ghuys". What personality defect do you have that means you can't get on with women?

Do they not trust you because you are a total slut who's gonna shag their man, per chance?

QE - ******* - D.

roll them all you like. most guys like straightforward girls instead of ones that beat around the bush, girls prefer flowery words, hence why I get along better with guys. being in a male-dominated course also contributes to that. girls call girls like me a bitch.

I don't see how I'm a total slut. None of these girls have ever called me that xD

BigFudamental
Then again you've kissed more girls than guys and study electrical engineering. Not sure how much of a threat you present.

enough of a threat to warrant an attempt at banning her now ex boyfriend from ever hanging out with me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
twl

QE - ******* - D.

I don't see that having male friends makes you a slut. I mean, you could be a slut with male friends. Or you could be a slut with other binty girls who go "on the lash" wearing tutus and fairy wings.

Anyway, I have some dear male friends. They're not hot and I don't want to do them. Is this wrong?
strawberry

enough of a threat to warrant an attempt at banning her now ex boyfriend from ever hanging out with me.

Fair point.
Reply 46
strawberry
roll them all you like. most guys like straightforward girls instead of ones that beat around the bush, girls prefer flowery words, hence why I get along better with guys. being in a male-dominated course also contributes to that. girls call girls like me a bitch.

Perhaps you are a tomgirl... men famously love tomgirls... love banging them, I mean. You must have to fight them off.

I don't see how I'm a total slut. None of these girls have ever called me that xD

You don't hang around them do you so how would they know what you get up too...

on your reply to BF... not surprised.
Reply 47
Aconite
I don't see that having male friends makes you a slut. I mean, you could be a slut with male friends. Or you could be a slut with other binty girls who go "on the lash" wearing tutus and fairy wings.

Okay, not 100% of women with male best friends, I'll concede that. But I still won't trust 'em because they are so rare it does not make sense for me to assume the one I fancy is a good one.

Anyway, I have some dear male friends. They're not hot and I don't want to do them. Is this wrong?

Some would say they fancy you, at least those trying hard to be your friends rather than those friends of those trying hard to get in your knickers be your friend.

There are, ultimately, many reasons why people are friends with other people. These include -

1.Sex.
2.Money.
3.Knowledge.
4.Status
5.Power

So sex is one, but not the only one. Still, if you are a man you are well aware sex is one reason men seek out women as quote-unquote friends.
Reply 48
twl
Some would say they fancy you, at least those trying hard to be your friends rather than those friends of those trying hard to get in your knickers be your friend.

Pardon?

There are, ultimately, many reasons why people are friends with other people. These include -

1.Sex.
2.Money.
3.Knowledge.
4.Status
5.Power

So sex is one, but not the only one. Still, if you are a man you are well aware sex is one reason men seek out women as quote-unquote friends.

Yes, but what about enjoying spending time with the person?

OH WAIT.

You're the chap who did the guide to being friends with the president of the union, aren't you? Ah.
twl
Perhaps you are a tomgirl... men famously love tomgirls... love banging them, I mean. You must have to fight them off.

You don't hang around them do you so how would they know what you get up too...

on your reply to BF... not surprised.

I hang out with girls and guys, I just get along better with guys = I have more guy friends than I do girls. Frankly, if they don't know me that well, they can say all they like really.

And no, I'm not good-looking enough to need beating guys off me with a stick.
I guess I'd have to meet the guy and see how they interacted, but I wouldn't really be suspicious of anything. I have female friends :confused:

If the guy secretly likes her then it's pretty funny to watch his expression as you go into your room with her or something.
Reply 51
More can you trust him, make him know that you will end him if he tries it
Reply 52
Wouldn't say i had a "best male friend" but yeah i do have male friends. Tbh i wouldn't imagine anyone being comfortable with their boyfirend/girlfriend being very close to the opposite gender.

:smile:
I always have mostly female friends ... i'm not gay in the slightest. Admittedly, there's one or two i'd be tempted to try and get it on with(they're married or have bfs) but most i'm quite happy to just be friends with. The friendships work because while I enjoy their company there's no overwhelming chemistry at play.
Reply 54
strawberry
I hang out with girls and guys, I just get along better with guys

Don't you think that's a problem... should you not try to improve how you get on with girls?

If I met a girl and discovered she couldn't get on with other girls I might think she had a less rounded personality than I would want.

Does the fact she doesn't know other girls mean she has never picked up good cooking tips? Does she know how to sew? Dance?

I also might conclude that the real reason you don't get on with other girls is because other girls don't trust you, and boys are only friends with you because they are after one thing...

If girls don't trust you why should I as a bf trust you?

I can't think of any reason why a girl should be able to be friends with boys easily but not be able to be friends with girls easily.
twl
Don't you think that's a problem... should you not try to improve how you get on with girls?

If I met a girl and discovered she couldn't get on with other girls I might think she had a less rounded personality than I would want.

Does the fact she doesn't know other girls mean she has never picked up good cooking tips? Does she know how to sew? Dance?

I also might conclude that the real reason you don't get on with other girls is because other girls don't trust you, and boys are only friends with you because they are after one thing...

If girls don't trust you why should I as a bf trust you?

I can't think of any reason why a girl should be able to be friends with boys easily but not be able to be friends with girls easily.

I'm easily friends with both. why is it that you are concluding that just because I say I get along better with guys means I don't get along at all with girls?
Reply 56
Just because a girl has a best mate who is a guy doesnt mean she's shagging him. I've been best mates with a guy for 6 years and nothing sexual has ever happened and never will. I have loads of guy friends simply because i spend a lot of time sailing and flying and both these sports are male dominated.

I have few female friends as girls tend to be so F****** bitchy it irritates me also most take themselves way too seriously.

I agree that if you dont trust a girl cos she's got more guy mates than you have. its not her thats got the issue, the issue is all yours.
Reply 57
well my best friend was a girl, thought it was just that, shed had a bf and had convinced him i was just a mate, 1 night when drunk she confessed how much she loved me!
i dont trust that kinda situation anymore tbh
Reply 58
f00ddude
well my best friend was a girl, thought it was just that, shed had a bf and had convinced him i was just a mate, 1 night when drunk she confessed how much she loved me!
i dont trust that kinda situation anymore tbh

Thanks for the story. There's much more where this came from.
Reply 59
strawberry
I'm easily friends with both. why is it that you are concluding that just because I say I get along better with guys means I don't get along at all with girls?

If you get on well with girls "I get along better with guys" is a strange thing for you to say.

Perhaps you should stop saying that lest men you are interested in get the wrong end of the stick about you.

Saying "I get along with guys and girls equally well" is what a man wants to hear... however, he'd prefer it if when he examined your social life he found fewer men than women in it.

Latest

Trending

Trending