Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I phoned up student finance today about my maintainence grant and I needed to show proof that I have been self supporting for the last 3 years. Also because my mum died quite a few years ago and I havent seen my dad for many many years so my brother was made my legal guardian when my mother past away.

    I'm now 20 and they want evidence that my brother was my legal gurdian from the age of 12 - 18. Thats not really a problem because my brother can showa child tax letter. But they also want a hand written letter asking for financial help due to estrangement or something?

    What does this mean and what should I write in the letter exactly?
    • Thread Starter


    Just a few lines, basically stating what you've put in your post, but padding it out a bit, enclosing the evidence your brother received the tax credits.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.