The Student Room Group

When a married man loves you?

Say you were friends with a man or woman who was married or in a long term relationship i.e. over 5 years, or with kids etc. Imagine that you both knew that under different circumstances you would have been together, that you are both deeply compatible and had strong feelings and attraction for each other. How would you feel if that same married friend told you that they felt they could never see you again due to how they felt about you and that they were concerned about what might happen between you if you continued to see each other.

Basically they are telling you they are so crazy about you that they can't control themselves around you any longer, that the feelings between you are too strong to continue as only friends.

How would that make you feel, would you agree or would you want to keep trying to be friends?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
I would agree with them that if they wanted to stay with their wife we should not be friends or see each other, but I would ask if it was an option for them to be in relationhip with me instead. It would be worse to never see someone you loved then just be friends with them, but if thats their decision not much you can do.
Reply 2
I have been that man! It was a nightmare! think very carefully about it, other lives involved.
Original post by Igraine
Say you were friends with a man or woman who was married or in a long term relationship i.e. over 5 years, or with kids etc. Imagine that you both knew that under different circumstances you would have been together, that you are both deeply compatible and had strong feelings and attraction for each other. How would you feel if that same married friend told you that they felt they could never see you again due to how they felt about you and that they were concerned about what might happen between you if you continued to see each other.

Basically they are telling you they are so crazy about you that they can't control themselves around you any longer, that the feelings between you are too strong to continue as only friends.

How would that make you feel, would you agree or would you want to keep trying to be friends?

He may have feelings of love but that doesnt mean he loves you. He's chosen to stay away for his wife and you should respect his choice.
I would of course be upset, but I would respect this man's decision. If he wanted to make things work with his wife (who he has made a commitment to) and I was a distraction from that, it wouldn't be easy, but I would want to try and move on. I wouldn't be able to move on if I was still friends with him!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending