The Student Room Group

Have you ever stood someone up for a date?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Carpe Vinum
No, I'd feel way too guilty :eek: Always cancel, never stand someone up.

train station.
No, that would be mean.
Original post by James222
What was pretext you where meeting ?
And why didnt you think it was a date ?

you may have to re-word the first question.

we had met up as friends, when we first met i said clearly that i'm not interested in anything. And not every bloke i meet up with is a date. I have male friends.
Original post by brunettegirl92
you may have to re-word the first question.

we had met up as friends, when we first met i said clearly that i'm not interested in anything. And not every bloke i meet up with is a date. I have male friends.

yea but to do what ? when he invited you what was the pretext ? hang out ? watch a film ? help me decorate
Many times.

Stood up the ex countless times and most of it I used to tell her "well someone has to bring home the bacon" if ever she said anything about it. Some of it I had forgotten we had a date, some I knew we had a date but there was something else to do and I just couldn't be bothered to tell her.

During the times we had split up stood up quite a few girls, 2 of them I agreed to a date and cancelled on them after our agreed time. There was 1 that I stood up, we had agreed to go watch Phantom of The Opera and instead I gave the ticket to my MIL and told her to take one of the kids with her, reason was found out she was a married woman.
yea but to do what ? when he invited you what was the pretext ? hang out ? watch a film ? help me decorate

hang out, chat, eat.
Original post by brunettegirl92
hang out, chat, eat.

Hmmm fair enough
It was his 110% fault.

What would have he had to say for you to get the hint he wanted to do something special
Hmmm fair enough
It was his 110% fault.

What would have he had to say for you to get the hint he wanted to do something special

well, thats the thing. he didn't hint. I think he just wasn't listening when i said that I wasn't in a place to have a relationship. and i'm not entirely sure he wanted anything special - probably just someone to sleep with for a while.
that was a few years ago when I was still a naive teenager. now I know when some boys are thinking with their member, their ears become impervious to the words 'no/ im not looking for that'.
Only Recruitment consultants
Reply 49
Hmmm id rather be thirsty than not getting any. Every hole a goal.
Who knows you havnt even read my profile yet

Good for you. Well go on then, show me your profile!
Original post by EllGee.
Or have you made plans to meet someone and they were a no-show?

Yeah I have. Had a long day at work and just forgot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
No, and I wouldn't be able to do it. Imagine, they would be waiting for you, not knowing where you are, constantly checking their phone. At what point do you realise you've been stood up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VeeB
No, and I wouldn't be able to do it. Imagine, they would be waiting for you, not knowing where you are, constantly checking their phone. At what point do you realise you've been stood up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I'd been properly stood up once. Stood outside the restaurant for about fifteen minutes, checking my phone and trying not to look like an idiot.

Eventually realised I was standing at the fire exit. My date was round the corner of the restaurant, at the main entrance, wondering if he'd been stood up :tongue:
Nope. I've never stood anyone up for a date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea, I wasnt sure if I wanted to go and was still undecided with 30 minutes to go, I then realised it would take me an hour to get there so I just watched TV instead

You should have let them know. They probably went out for no reason and felt bad. Next time, let the person know if you decide not to show.
No and I never will. Pretty thoughtless and selfish if you stand someone up and not let them know.
lol ye i got stood up on a date to the movies. I waited 20 mins then met up with my friends so np :biggrin:
Original post by reapingunicorn32
You should have let them know. They probably went out for no reason and felt bad. Next time, let the person know if you decide not to show.

Will do, although I probably wont ever try online dating anymore

Original post by Smushy
Good for you. Well go on then, show me your profile!

Do you have a profile ? sure PM me your username
how aesthetic would you rate your face /10
susan boyle being a 0 and TOWIE Lucy being a 10
TOWIE Lucy being a 10

Wut?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier

I love dem essex gals

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending