The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Help with forms in welcome pack

Ok, I'm a bit stuck with the forms in my welcome pack, I wondered whether anyone could help me.

I filled in the accomodation form, but I'm confused as to what to put for my UCAS No./Student Ref. No. I just put in my UCAS number, will that be ok?

Also, with the finance forms about paying tuition fees, they seem to want me to pay the fees personally, but i thought my student loan went straight to the university?

Thanks.
I can't remember for sure, but I think I just put my UCAS number down in that box. Also, your student loan gets paid into your bank account, then you can give a cheque to the accommodation services directly.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Hiya,

There's already an Accomodation Pack thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=270284, which'll answer your query about the student number at least.

I don't know about the student loan thing (it's all changed this year), but you could always ring/e-mail the Finance Office and ask.
Reply 3
thegreatstupendo
Also, with the finance forms about paying tuition fees, they seem to want me to pay the fees personally, but i thought my student loan went straight to the university?

Your tuition fees will be paid directly to York by Student Finance.

If you're going to be in halls this year then you will pay your rent three times a year to the Finance Office. You can pay by cheque or direct debit (or by debit/ credit card, but there's an extra charge for this). if you have any other questions, I'd ring the Finance Office.

Latest

Trending

Trending