The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
for really competitive courses, not many offers are given out this side of Christmas. For courses that interview prior to making decisions, it takes longer, too. Don't be impatient, just set UCAS track to email you when your application status changes, and try and forget about it :smile:
Reply 21
I would forget about it if I wasn't being bored off my ass on my gap year:rolleyes:
I need to get a job!
Reply 22
paddylad
I would forget about it if I wasn't being bored off my ass on my gap year:rolleyes:
I need to get a job!

Here Here
Reply 23
worldwide
for really competitive courses, not many offers are given out this side of Christmas. For courses that interview prior to making decisions, it takes longer, too. Don't be impatient, just set UCAS track to email you when your application status changes, and try and forget about it :smile:

How do you set it so they email you when your application status changes? I thought they just automaticcally do that. Thanks.
Reply 24
worldwide

You mean for after christmas?
Reply 25
nathan_neumann
How do you set it so they email you when your application status changes? I thought they just automaticcally do that. Thanks.

depends what you said when you signed up. Click 'personal' in UCAS Track and make sure it's set to receive e-mails :smile:
Reply 26
Ucas received my form on 2nd Oct
Got a confirmation letter from manchester 4th Oct
Got ABB offer from Manchester 13th Oct

I am applying for Economics :smile:
Reply 27
zoopy
Ucas received my form on 2nd Oct
Got a confirmation letter from manchester 4th Oct
Got ABB offer from Manchester 13th Oct

I am applying for Economics :smile:

wow thats well fast. Your lucky you've already got an offer :biggrin:
Got an email from bristol confirming that they have received my application and that they will forward it to the appropriate admissions tutor after sending my UCAS off last thursday.
Reply 29
Applied: 4th October
Recieved email from Bristol saying they have my application on 13th October
Reply 30
A friend applying for Chemistry -
UCAS sent off: 3rd October
Welcome letter: 7th October
Interview from York: 7th October
Interview from UCL: 13th October
Reply 31
firestone
A friend applying for Chemistry -
UCAS sent off: 3rd October
Welcome letter: 7th October
Interview from York: 7th October
Interview from UCL: 13th October

For what course did he apply for ....to study at York?? is that Hullyork medical school?
Reply 32
She :p: applied for Chemistry. York as in the University of York. :smile:
Applied on Friday last week, and today (Monday) I got a letter from Surrey saying they'd received my application.
But my UCAS says that it's still being processed... so I don't know whether they have all got it get? I'd imagine so!
Reply 34
shewantstobeme: UCAS has already processed your application, but may not have sent their welcome letter yet, or the letter is in the post. Here's a tip: your application number on the UCAS website should look like "100-123-4567". You might be able to log in to Track. Use the same username and password as with Apply, but use "071234567" as your application number.

Remember not to change anything until you receive the booklet from UCAS, "advice for applicants".
r3m0t
shewantstobeme: UCAS has already processed your application, but may not have sent their welcome letter yet, or the letter is in the post. Here's a tip: your application number on the UCAS website should look like "100-123-4567". You might be able to log in to Track. Use the same username and password as with Apply, but use "071234567" as your application number.

Remember not to change anything until you receive the booklet from UCAS, "advice for applicants".

i know my '100-123-4567' application number from when i did my form. does this mean i enter 07 followed by the 1234567 digit combination of my form as the application number?
Reply 36
My application number is different from the personal ID. I'm sure you could phone up UCAS and ask them for it if you know that your application has been processed.
firestone
My application number is different from the personal ID. I'm sure you could phone up UCAS and ask them for it if you know that your application has been processed.

ooh thats cool. i'll just wait for the letter in the post! :smile:
Reply 38
firestone: are the last 7 digits the same between the two IDs? It seems too unlikely to be a mere coincidence on my side.

Of course, you could just wait for your letter. :smile:
UCAS sent 26th September
Welcome letter : 4th October ..
NO OFFERS YET! But im worried now coz i applied for York and Cambridge and ive heard nothing. I got a letter with exactly the same address on it saying id changed address but i havent ?? and that my supposed new address which is non existent and is still the same as on the letter otherwise i wudnt have got it.. is being sent to my uni applications :s-smilie: anyone tres confused here!????

Latest

Trending

Trending