The Student Room Group

Should I meet up with an ex?

So I still miss my ex like crazy. She ended it 6 months ago for university, although under relatively bad circumstances. We've barely spoken since the break-up other than on two occasions. The first of these involved her saying how she missed me and expressed her jealousy over the fact that I was seeing someone new. The second was a follow-up phone call during which she said she believed she had made the right choice due to the demands of her course. She also told me that she hadn't been seeing anyone, although I'm not sure that this was entirely true.

Anyhow, now that Easter is upon us, she messaged me following a status I posted about having a near-death experience, of sorts. She called immediately, then messaged to ask how I was. The conversation progressed and she eventually asked if I wanted to meet up over Easter. Why would you ask to meet up with an ex? Is it just to check whether I am alright following the accident? Another guy (the one I believe she has been seeing) posted a thoroughly loved up message on her fb wall so it surely can't be anything to do with getting back together. What do you think trusty TSRers?
I'd meet up with her and it'd probably turn out to be a mistake.
So yeah.
Don't listen to me.
Original post by Anonymous
So I still miss my ex like crazy. She ended it 6 months ago for university, although under relatively bad circumstances. We've barely spoken since the break-up other than on two occasions. The first of these involved her saying how she missed me and expressed her jealousy over the fact that I was seeing someone new. The second was a follow-up phone call during which she said she believed she had made the right choice due to the demands of her course. She also told me that she hadn't been seeing anyone, although I'm not sure that this was entirely true.

Anyhow, now that Easter is upon us, she messaged me following a status I posted about having a near-death experience, of sorts. She called immediately, then messaged to ask how I was. The conversation progressed and she eventually asked if I wanted to meet up over Easter. Why would you ask to meet up with an ex? Is it just to check whether I am alright following the accident? Another guy (the one I believe she has been seeing) posted a thoroughly loved up message on her fb wall so it surely can't be anything to do with getting back together. What do you think trusty TSRers?

Tell her something like this "I don't want to be pulled around like this, I still really fancy/love you and the fact you're giving such mixed signals is hurting me. Either you want us to try again or not".

You need to get a straight answer from her, if she's vague, move on and block her out your life.
Original post by Anonymous

If you still love her, and she loves you then it could be a really good idea and you could rekindle your romance, but if you're still in love and shes not feeling it then you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. i still meet mu ex sometimes just to have a catch up on life and see how each other are doing, but im not in love with him anymore, so my feelings don't get involved with it.
NO don't do it! For the health of your sanity don't do it!

I've been there man just don't!!!
You were once together, so of course she'll still care about you. :smile: Speaking again after a long period of silence probably made her realise what a good friend you were to her and she may just want to catch up, after all it doesn't sound like you ended on bad terms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending