The Student Room Group

3 years + gift year query

Hello,

I started studying a BA in Sept 11 and left in January 12 due to a serious crime against me.

In Sept 12 I started a 3 year, part-time (2 yr equivalent) FdA.
I have just completed this FdA and I am now applying for SF for my "top up" year.

The problem is this:

I have been declined Sf as they say I have had my 4 years SF allowance.
i have started a compelling reasons application due to my first year of study 11/12.

However, should the 3 years P/T study not be counted as 2 years of the 4 year allowance, (3 FT + 1 gift year)?

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated as it is causing a lot of confusion and worry. I have so far spoken to 4 SfE people via telephone and all have different opinions.

Thank you
Hi there.

If you studied for 3 years at part-time and gained a qualification, then this counts as 3 years of study, even if the course provider states it's a 2-year equivalent. The year you had to leave will also need to be included until we see evidence that suggests otherwise. So currently it will show on your account you have 4 years of previous study.

You can supply evidence of your reasons for leaving and that will allow you to have an additional year added back on to your entitlement.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending