The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nluc88
I guess you can, if they give you the time of day. A lot of women in London don't. They look very unapproachable, grumpy, stuck up. I've seen guys try to chat up women and they just get ignored in a very rude way. The woman doesn't even have the decency to say " Not interested, leave me alone".

Like I said before, I work in various nightclubs in London and guess what???? They all ignore me. There could be hundreds of females in a club, none of them chat to me, approach me, give eye contact or show interest. I've been doing this s*** for two years and that is how I have realized that I'm ugly.

Even tried to chat up girls that I knew at college and when I worked in fast food, when I was a teen/early 20's and guess what. The answer was always "No", "You're a nice guy, but I don't see you in that way". Kinder way of saying, you're a nice person and good enough for friendship but too **** to date/sleep with e.t.c.

If you are working the door of a nice club, with expensive drinks at the bar that I have spent a lot of money on an outfit for and I am part of a young, upwardly mobile demographic that inhabits it - then I am not going to be particularly interested in a doorman with cheap shoes. You are not who I went out to meet.

You sound quite entitled that these girls should fancy you. They don't have to- it's not a requirement.

I think you have quite a lot of hang ups and you might find that it is this that puts women off more than anything else.
Original post by nluc88
What if he was an interesting person and liked some of the stuff that you like????

Well I'm not interested in anime and fighting so I doubt we would share similar interests. But, I'm all for an interesting person - sometimes it's nice to share different interests with someone etc but I'd still need similarities with them.

I think you need to find a girl that's interested in the same hobbies as you. Also, I don't know if you are but you need to be approachable. I've spoken to a lot of girls about approaching guys and they always say they never approach first.
Reply 782
Original post by Friffinghell
If you are working the door of a nice club, with expensive drinks at the bar that I have spent a lot of money on an outfit for and I am part of a young, upwardly mobile demographic that inhabits it - then I am not going to be particularly interested in a doorman with cheap shoes. You are not who I went out to meet.

You sound quite entitled that these girls should fancy you. They don't have to- it's not a requirement.

I think you have quite a lot of hang ups and you might find that it is this that puts women off more than anything else.

I don't wear cheap shoes, when I work. I sound entitled??? you sound fashion obsessed/ money obsessed. I clearly know where your values lie. I wouldn't be interested in a money obsessed skank.
Original post by nluc88
What if he was an interesting person and liked some of the stuff that you like????

Ignore that answer,

If a "hot" guy told her he watches anime, trust me ... it wouldn't be a dealbreaker. Nothing is wrong with your hobby.

In fact ...the type of white girls typically into Asian men is often into that Anime/manga stuff
Original post by ANM775
Ignore that answer,

If a "hot" guy told her he watches anime, trust me ... it wouldn't be a dealbreaker. Nothing is wrong with your hobby.

In fact ...the type of white girls typically into Asian men is often into that Anime/manga stuff

If a 'hot' guy told me he liked anime; trust me, I wouldn't be interested. I really don't like the idea of anime!!
Reply 785
Original post by Zaradavidson
Well I'm not interested in anime and fighting so I doubt we would share similar interests. But, I'm all for an interesting person - sometimes it's nice to share different interests with someone etc but I'd still need similarities with them.

I think you need to find a girl that's interested in the same hobbies as you. Also, I don't know if you are but you need to be approachable. I've spoken to a lot of girls about approaching guys and they always say they never approach first.

What's wrong with fighting??? Martial Arts require skill, concentration, dedication and hard work. Learning how to fight is important for self defense and fitness. A lot of people on Earth have no idea how to fight. What if you got yourself in a predicament???? How many women have been raped and murdered cos they don't know how to defend themselves????

Also, I like movies, music, television, computer games, cooking, socializing like an other normal person. I'm not weird lol.
Original post by nluc88
What's wrong with fighting??? Martial Arts require skill, concentration, dedication and hard work. Learning how to fight is important for self defense and fitness. A lot of people on Earth have no idea how to fight. What if you got yourself in a predicament???? How many women have been raped and murdered cos they don't know how to defend themselves????

Also, I like movies, music, television, computer games, cooking, socializing like an other normal person. I'm not weird lol.

No I think fighting is fine but I just don't think I'd be interested in someone that does it as a career instead of a hobby. But at the end of the day it's about your personality and who you are as a person - I'm just saying from my perspective as a female but this would be completely different for another female. Maybe I'm just really judgemental. 😂
If a 'hot' guy told me he liked anime; trust me, I wouldn't be interested. I really don't like the idea of anime!!

Lies, If Zac Efron liked anime, u would still be like, zac, you're hot, let's date.

Sorry, but I am very skeptical of this...

I've seen a lot of online dating experiments ...and if the guy is hot women will give him a lot of leeway over his personality and his interests.

I made a fake account of footballman123 using basically everything from his written profile including the written description, and tbh he sounded like a geek loving star wars fan .....and still women expressed a lot of interest in my fake profile and messaged it? why? ...because the picture I used was of a "hot guy

whereas the original fottballman123 profile got no interest at all and couldn't get a reply from women for love or money. People were telling him there's something wrong with his profile etc, his messages etc. It's complete rubbish. It's physical appearance.

being an anime fan is not what is standing between OP and getting gf

quite a few things are tbh, and the most critical one imo is that he doesn't approach.
Reply 789
I'm sort of concerned that OP is still in the same fixed mindset as he was 2 years ago. I posted this on the same day you created your thread.

Original post by UWS
No one is too ugly for a girlfriend. This guy I know was weird, had a long neck, wore nerdy glasses but he has a girlfriend!

Looks are all subjective

What are you hoping to achieve by bumping this every day? If you are not taking the advice pointed out in this thread after almost 800 posts, what is the point?

Had a look at your profile... You're not ugly. You could do with smiling more in your photos though.

But I tell you what is making you unattractive, it's your attitude. All I've seen on this thread is you being so self-deprecating and wallowing in self-pity, those are not attractive attributes.

Next, we look at how you are like as a person, i.e. your personality. Clubs aren't the best place to look, it's much like Tinder and people have fairly high standards in there. Doesn't stop you from doing other things like taking up new hobbies, attending meetups, etc... If you don't put yourself out there, how are you going to meet people let alone get a girlfriend.

I could go on but would you change?

Okay a better question.... Since December 2015, how have you improved yourself?
Original post by nluc88
I don't wear cheap shoes, when I work. I sound entitled??? you sound fashion obsessed/ money obsessed. I clearly know where your values lie. I wouldn't be interested in a money obsessed skank.

Oh I see. It's not just your cheap shoes- it's your stinking attitude. Don't ask for critique and then get all butthurt.

Enjoy being single.
Original post by Anonymous
Lies, If Zac Efron liked anime, u would still be like, zac, you're hot, let's date.

I knew someone was going to say Zac Efron 😂 But no, he wouldn't be someone I'd want to grow old with because we wouldn't have the same interests, it would be very boring
Reply 792
Original post by ANM775

I've seen a lot of online dating experiments ...and if the guy is hot women will give him a lot of leeway over his personality and his interests.

I made a fake account of footballman123 using basically everything from his written profile including the written description, and tbh he sounded like a geek loving star wars fan .....and still women expressed a lot of interest in my fake profile and messaged it? why? ...because the picture I used was of a "hot guy

whereas the original fottballman123 profile got no interest at all and couldn't get a reply from women for love or money. People were telling him there's something wrong with his profile etc, his messages etc. It's complete rubbish. It's physical appearance.

quite a few things are tbh, and the most critical one imo is that he doesn't approach.

I don't approach anymore cos of constant rejection. It has gotten to the point, where I just think, give up, you don't have it. Like I said before, a lot of women in London look very unapproachable.
Reply 793
Original post by Friffinghell
Oh I see. It's not just your cheap shoes- it's your stinking attitude. Don't ask for critique and then get all butthurt.

Enjoy being single.

I will for now, watch when I get cosmetic surgery. I wont be single for long.
Original post by ANM775

Well personally, I wouldn't want to be with someone who I share no interests with, no matter how good looking they are. It differentiates depending on the person; not all girls are the same. And yes I agree, if he doesn't approach any girls then he's really never going to get anywhere.
Original post by nluc88

Oh dear!!
Reply 796
Original post by UWS
I'm sort of concerned that OP is still in the same fixed mindset as he was 2 years ago. I posted this on the same day you created your thread.

What are you hoping to achieve by bumping this every day? If you are not taking the advice pointed out in this thread after almost 800 posts, what is the point?

Had a look at your profile... You're not ugly. You could do with smiling more in your photos though.

But I tell you what is making you unattractive, it's your attitude. All I've seen on this thread is you being so self-deprecating and wallowing in self-pity, those are not attractive attributes.

Next, we look at how you are like as a person, i.e. your personality. Clubs aren't the best place to look, it's much like Tinder and people have fairly high standards in there. Doesn't stop you from doing other things like taking up new hobbies, attending meetups, etc... If you don't put yourself out there, how are you going to meet people let alone get a girlfriend.

I could go on but would you change?

Okay a better question.... Since December 2015, how have you improved yourself?

High standards in clubs, you're basically saying I'm too ugly for clubs now.
Reply 797
Original post by nluc88
High standards in clubs, you're basically saying I'm too ugly for clubs now.

Answer the question, how have you improved yourself in the last 18 months?
Reply 798
Original post by UWS
Answer the question, how have you improved yourself in the last 18 months?

Working hard, saving money, working in nightclubs, go out and about more often. Visiting central London regularly, joined tinder, dating sites.
Original post by nluc88

800 posts of people telling you otherwise. But yeah- go ahead get all the surgery.

This is just a car crash.

Latest

Trending

Trending