The Student Room Group

New Years Transformation Competition 2016!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I made an account specifically for this. I think it's a great idea! I think I'm going to try and aim to lose 10kg. Quite ambitious but I'm still going to try. Right now I weigh 74.1kg so I'll aim to get it to 64.1kg. Also I forgot to put the date in but I completely promise I took these today! :/
Original post by anonfit
I made an account specifically for this. I think it's a great idea! I think I'm going to try and aim to lose 10kg. Quite ambitious but I'm still going to try. Right now I weigh 74.1kg so I'll aim to get it to 64.1kg. Also I forgot to put the date in but I completely promise I took these today! :/

You can do it :smile:
Can I ask how tall you are?
Original post by Unistudent77
edexcel sending.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
image.jpgRight here goes.....

67.3kg as of this morning. Looking for muscle gain over this next ten weeks...

(Took photo of tv time and date... Good enough?)

Das it
Original post by anonfit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a screenshot of your phone, or not of your TV as above! Purely bureaucracy :smile:
And so it begins :colone:

My weigh in day is Thursdays then I text my mum as I'm trying to do SW from home. 1lb off from last week! :woo: However going to Ireland this weekend so will be eating out a lot! Will be walking a lot though...
Entries are over :biggrin: Best of luck to everyone :smile: thread locked! I'll quote you into a discussion thread
Reply 66
-3kg at 64.6kg

IMG_3961.jpg
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
I had some good photos, but accidentally deleted them. Feels

Original post by BKS
-3kg at 64.6kg

IMG_3961.jpg
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Looking a lot leaner, congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BKS
-3kg at 64.6kg

IMG_3961.jpg
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

You look good though :shock:

Where did you originally start? Just curious.
Original post by Angry cucumber
I had some good photos, but accidentally deleted them. Feels

Looking a lot leaner, congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really wish this contest was longer than "10 weeks" as I'm hopefully planning to cut slowly in a 18-20 week time parameter to help retain as much muscle as possible from July+

I don't go off seasons I.e summer shredding/New years and just have my own preference to bulk/cut depending upon external factors.

It is nice to see people following through their new year resolution goals. Progress no matter how slow, as long its consistent will bring results in the end.

Q) Are majority of the people who have won these "transformation" competitions always been related to some sort of weight loss?
Reply 70
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
You look good though :shock:

Where did you originally start? Just curious.

Thanks. Best I've ever looked, actually gone better than I realised.

You know that's my end photo? not sure why that's a 'though' and shock smilie

Where did I start? Start photos at the start, 3kg heavier?
Original post by BKS
Thanks. Best I've ever looked, actually gone better than I realised.

You know that's my end photo? not sure why that's a 'though' and shock smilie

Where did I start? Start photos at the start, 3kg heavier?

Nice, the :shock: was because you look perfectly fine in the first picture yet I thought you were suggesing
you weren't happy with were you were etc.

Oh, that's the end of your transformation I.e cutting phase?

The photos do show quite a bit of a change. :smile:

Do you have any long term goals? :redface:
Reply 72
Nice, the :shock: was because you look perfectly fine in the first picture yet I thought you were suggesing
you weren't happy with were you were etc.

Oh, that's the end of your transformation I.e cutting phase?

The photos do show quite a bit of a change. :smile:

Do you have any long term goals? :redface:

I'm taking a month off cutting, I've got a tae kwon do grading and potentially 2 competitions at the end of April. Then I might do a couple kg more since I think I could maintain a bit lower BF so why not? My longer term goals aren't about looks, it's nice to look decent but I want to enjoy lifting, not get hurt, at least not get weaker, get my black belt in TKD
Original post by BKS
I'm taking a month off cutting, I've got a tae kwon do grading and potentially 2 competitions at the end of April. Then I might do a couple kg more since I think I could maintain a bit lower BF so why not? My longer term goals aren't about looks, it's nice to look decent but I want to enjoy lifting, not get hurt, at least not get weaker, get my black belt in TKD

Ah that's nice to see you're able to juggle different things aswell as lifting.

Personally, I would :heart: to be able to lift and do Muay Thai martial arts but the problem for me is I don't want to chase 2 birds with 1 stone and I'd rather give it my all in one thing before I chase after the next thing.

For example, my long term goal at the moment is to compete in Men's Physique summer 2019 + summer 2020 and ideally place top 3 if I can. If I do from then on wards I'd start to transition into Martial arts(Muay Thai) more but still keep that lifting lifestyle apart of me.

I'm only interested in creating memories for myself to look back upon when I'm in my early 40s to think of myself as "damn, I looked :drool: in my prime" :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Lost my post workout pics. So here's some pre-sleep; cold pics.

Cut 4kgish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lost my post workout pics. So here's some pre-sleep; cold pics.

Cut 4kgish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dayum, nice back+delts gains! :drool:
Dayum, nice back+delts gains! :drool:

Cheers, starting to look like how you'd expect a fitness mod to look :tongue:
Cheers, starting to look like how you'd expect a fitness mod to look :tongue:

Haha, living up to your rep! :rofl:
Re-posting start pictures as well so that they are clearer. They buggered up a little in my initial entry.

Before

After

Start weight: 10st 3lbs
Finish weight: 10st

Didn't lose much, but I've definitely gained a little muscle, and strength.

Link to blog

I didn't get to post in my fitness blog nearly as much as I wanted due to time restraints :sad: I'm going to update it now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Starting weight was 10st and now down to 9 st 4lb. Don't think the photos show the loss very well but I feel much happier and healthier which I'm chuffed about. :smile: Also gained some muscle, my legs feel much more solid and less flabby! Good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest