The Student Room Group

How do I get over this girl?

I am struggling a lot with moving on from the end of my friendship with the girl.

I haven't done any uni work in 5 days, I am feeling extremely depressed and tearful. I have got chest pain, I am crying, I have no energy, no motivation, I can't even concentrate.

I am worried about this, I just have 2 months of uni left and I don't want to throw away all my hard work.

She has totally blocked me from everywhere and said I will never talk to you again.

I am extremely down and visibly shaken by all of this.

I emailed my university counselling dept and they said it took take 2-3 weeks to get an appointment due to how busy the service has been during this calendar year.

I honestly don't have time to mourn over this now, I have too much work to do. But I can't do it, I am struggling to concentrate.

There were things I needed her help on too and now I can't.

This is the worst I have ever felt in my life.

I really wish this didn't happen. Maybe I could have done things differently, maybe I should have not been so clingy and jealous and upset etc. This friendship ended in a bad way and I will always regret this.

I honestly don't know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What the **** is with the pre-moderation?
Original post by TMF 2
What the **** is with the pre-moderation?

What do you mean?
You know how to get over her. We've been telling you for two years.
Reply 4
Original post by believeteam22
What do you mean?

She sounds like a bitch. Focus on your work and get out of there as quickly as possible.
Reply 5
My 3 year relationship ended 3.5 months ago. I know how you feel but you have to control your feelings, just remember, its just chemicals in the brain. You can control it, I'm sure you'll meet someone 10 times better. Just accept what happened you can't undo it, don't feel guilty. Just concentrate on your uni work, go to the gym or something, or maybe just meet up with friends. Hopefully that helps somewhat, I currently suck at giving advice in this but its better than nothing.
Original post by georgiaswift
You know how to get over her. We've been telling you for two years.

It has finally happened and I am really struggling with this. Honestly I have been trying to do my work for the past 4hrs and I just cannot do more than 5 minutes without thinking of her and then feeling upset.

It's affecting me so much. I am heartbroken.
Original post by TMF 2
She sounds like a bitch. Focus on your work and get out of there as quickly as possible.

I am trying to but I just cannot focus at all. I think I am in denial and in shock that this happened. I just cannot accept it right now, the pain is unbearable. I am so broken inside that I cannot even explain it
Reply 8
Stand on her
Original post by Elixis
My 3 year relationship ended 3.5 months ago. I know how you feel but you have to control your feelings, just remember, its just chemicals in the brain. You can control it, I'm sure you'll meet someone 10 times better. Just accept what happened you can't undo it, don't feel guilty. Just concentrate on your uni work, go to the gym or something, or maybe just meet up with friends. Hopefully that helps somewhat, I currently suck at giving advice in this but its better than nothing.

I'm sorry. I am not good at controlling my feelings. It's just so hard right now. I am trying to hard to focus on my work but it's just not happening. I cannot go to the gym right now because I am already falling way behind with my work. I have lost my appetite..I have lost like 3kg in the last week, I am honestly struggling really bad with this.

I did go out with a friend yesterday and temporarily my mind was slightly better but as soon as I got back home, I was in tears again.
This is mind blowing stuff.

Keep making more threads like these.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
This is mind blowing stuff.

Keep making more threads like these.

I just need help getting through this. This should be the last one.
Original post by believeteam22
It has finally happened and I am really struggling with this. Honestly I have been trying to do my work for the past 4hrs and I just cannot do more than 5 minutes without thinking of her and then feeling upset.

It's affecting me so much. I am heartbroken.

Tbh I think you completely deserve it.

HOWEVER, I'm going to give you advice on this, yet again. If you choose to ignore it this time then that's your choice but you'll be left feeling this way for a very long time.

1. Deliberately focus on other things. Every time you catch yourself thinking about her, stop and make a conscious effort to think about something else.

2. Go out with your friends. You've said you have male friends, so go out and have some fun with them. Keep yourself occupied.

3. Join clubs/ take up hobbies. Essentially choose some things that you're interested in and do them. If you like horse riding, then join a club. If you like body building, join a gym.

4. Immerse yourself in university work. Focus intensely on getting your work done and completing your final year. If you start thinking about her, consciously change the topic in your head so that you aren't thinking about her. Force yourself to think about other things.

5. Keep yourself busy. If you're sitting around all day doing nothing you'll wind up thinking about her, hence the creation of this thread. Make lots of plans and full your day with activities.

6. Do not talk to her. If she unblocks you, then block her and do not unblock her. Avoid all contact. Whenever you talk to her you wind up miserable, especially considering you know she doesn't actually like you.

7. Do not date right now. You're mentally unwell and in a bad place. Dating will just make you think of her until you're over her, and it's not fair on the girls you date if you can't fully commit to them.

If you follow this, you will get over her. But you have to actually try, and stop wallowing in self pity and trying to get sympathy from us on the student room. You need to be proactive.

HOWEVER, I'm going to give you advice on this, yet again. If you choose to ignore it this time then that's your choice but you'll be left feeling this way for a very long time.

1. Deliberately focus on other things. Every time you catch yourself thinking about her, stop and make a conscious effort to think about something else.

2. Go out with your friends. You've said you have male friends, so go out and have some fun with them. Keep yourself occupied.

3. Join clubs/ take up hobbies. Essentially choose some things that you're interested in and do them. If you like horse riding, then join a club. If you like body building, join a gym.

4. Immerse yourself in university work. Focus intensely on getting your work done and completing your final year. If you start thinking about her, consciously change the topic in your head so that you aren't thinking about her. Force yourself to think about other things.

5. Keep yourself busy. If you're sitting around all day doing nothing you'll wind up thinking about her, hence the creation of this thread. Make lots of plans and full your day with activities.

6. Do not talk to her. If she unblocks you, then block her and do not unblock her. Avoid all contact. Whenever you talk to her you wind up miserable, especially considering you know she doesn't actually like you.

7. Do not date right now. You're mentally unwell and in a bad place. Dating will just make you think of her until you're over her, and it's not fair on the girls you date if you can't fully commit to them.

If you follow this, you will get over her. But you have to actually try, and stop wallowing in self pity and trying to get sympathy from us on the student room. You need to be proactive.

Perfect advice.... No better way to put it!! :smile:

I'd take the advice this time....
Reply 14

8. Do not ignore georgiaswift. Otherwise you'll be back here tomorrow
Believeteam22 you have posted your situation on several online forums. Your last thread on TSR was locked by a moderator. It sounds like you need professional advice from a doctor. There is nothing anybody here can say to comfort you anymore. It's all been said before.
(edited 8 years ago)
Cool story bro.
Get counselling.
Original post by whorace
Stand on her

I was just gonna say sit on her
:colonhash:
Original post by MountKimbie
Believeteam22 you have posted your situation on several online forums. Your last thread on TSR was locked by a moderator. It sounds like you need professional advice from a doctor. There is nothing anybody here can say to comfort you anymore. It's all been said before.

:toofunny:

Latest

Trending

Trending