The Student Room Group

Promiscuous friend keeps being too needy, offering me sex etc

I have a female friend that I consider to be my best friend. I met her in university halls living with her. Quite often she will have a man in her room, most likely someone she doesn't now. Fair enough sleep with who you want but when I asked about her past sex life how many men she had slept she told me it's over 50 and that she was raped when she was a young teen. I'm the only person she's ever told so I can tell she trusts me a lot.

She has asked me to have sex with her quite a few times, she's never turned her down. When she asked I said I want to prove to her that men can be good friends not just sex objects. I think she's used to it she lets herself be controlled by men otherwise she feels like she isn't good enough. This is why I haven't because in a way I want to look after her. She dresses quite revealing, her dress sense and her sleeping around does put me off but I'll be friends with anyone if they're nice decent person.

I've finished university back in September so I've moved on to work. She still contacts me, keeps being very needy saying stuff like I'm the only man she wants to be with when I turn her down she offers me sex so she hasn't really changed. I still carry on giving advice but it's like she hasn't got her own mind.

I makes me feel bad for her because a part of me thinks I should go out with her because I know shell be safe but am I attracted to her? well only because she's a nice girl and good looking. It just makes very awkward for me as what I should do. I would love some advice how to handle the situation what I should do?

Scroll to see replies

seems like you could be her hero, if only she could let go [pixie lott - broken arrow] anyho go out with her and look after her, if you want to .. seems like you do
Original post by Anonymous
I have a female friend that I consider to be my best friend. I met her in university halls living with her. Quite often she will have a man in her room, most likely someone she doesn't now. Fair enough sleep with who you want but when I asked about her past sex life how many men she had slept she told me it's over 50 and that she was raped when she was a young teen. I'm the only person she's ever told so I can tell she trusts me a lot.

She has asked me to have sex with her quite a few times, she's never turned her down. When she asked I said I want to prove to her that men can be good friends not just sex objects. I think she's used to it she lets herself be controlled by men otherwise she feels like she isn't good enough. This is why I haven't because in a way I want to look after her. She dresses quite revealing, her dress sense and her sleeping around does put me off but I'll be friends with anyone if they're nice decent person.

I've finished university back in September so I've moved on to work. She still contacts me, keeps being very needy saying stuff like I'm the only man she wants to be with when I turn her down she offers me sex so she hasn't really changed. I still carry on giving advice but it's like she hasn't got her own mind.

I makes me feel bad for her because a part of me thinks I should go out with her because I know shell be safe but am I attracted to her? well only because she's a nice girl and good looking. It just makes very awkward for me as what I should do. I would love some advice how to handle the situation what I should do?

Dont f*** her.

She wants you because she cant have you. If you give in you'll just be another guy to her.
Over 50? Lovely.

Don't go out with her if that is your reason. There should be a benefit to you as well, and you should honestly like her.

Also consider the risks of being with someone like her. Unless you are promiscuous yourself, you may get jealous later on, or she may cheat on you.

And if you're the type of guy who cares about pride, then being with someone like her isn't really going to work.

So best to just be a friend. I would recommend you ask her to see a therapist (lol) or something for her previous experiences as that might help her change. It's good of you to not have used her as well, although it might be the other way around.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has she sought professional help for her past? It sounds like she needs some issues she really needs to work through with someone, you're doing the right thing by not taking advantage of her but I think she needs you to help her get the guidance she needs.
I'd take her up on her offer.....
Reply 6
She's broken, I doubt you'll fix her, this is a very deep issue.
Wow she is a real sport. To start of, if you are a good friend tell her to get checked out she probably has something if shes been with over 50 guys. I think that she is just living life and if she is not un happy with what she is doing then I don't see a problem. Bringing random guys home who she does not know could be dangerous
as there is real creeps out there.

I think that you should bang her though, after she gets the all clear because she is probably very experienced and will give you a good time. HAHA
Reply 8
Original post by donutellme
Over 50? Lovely.

Don't go out with her if that is your reason. There should be a benefit to you as well, and you should honestly like her.

Also consider the risks of being with someone like her. Unless you are promiscuous yourself, you may get jealous later on, or she may cheat on you.

And if you're the type of guy who cares about pride, then being with someone like her isn't really going to work.

So best to just be a friend. I would recommend you ask her to see a therapist (lol) or something for her previous experiences as that might help her change. It's good of you to not have used her as well, although it might be the other way around.

This is exactly some of the reasons I'm more don't want to. I have causal sex with girls but I don't do it without knowing anything about the person I'm doing it, never know what they might have. Plus I don't like doing for the sake of it.

She shoots herself in the foot. men don't want to be with because she has sex with lots of other men, she moans about it but still does it. I think it's more about how she thinks about herself, stuck in a circle.
Reply 9
Original post by Blondie987
Has she sought professional help for her past? It sounds like she needs some issues she really needs to work through with someone, you're doing the right thing by not taking advantage of her but I think she needs you to help her get the guidance she needs.

No not that im aware of. I'm the only friend that she speaks openly to. I could easily taken advantage but I care about her enough to stop myself from going there. It's hard guiding her because she gets attached to me too easily.
she was raped when she was a young teen. I'm the only person she's ever told so I can tell she trusts me a lot.

And you've just posted this on a public forum..
No not that im aware of. I'm the only friend that she speaks openly to. I could easily taken advantage but I care about her enough to stop myself from going there. It's hard guiding her because she gets attached to me too easily.

I think you really need to get her to speak to someone about it then, this isn't some big that hair goes away and it's obviously affecting her. You care about her and she respects you enough to listen to you, use it wisely
Reply 12
Original post by hezzlington
And you've just posted this on a public forum..

He's an anonymous talking about a stranger. Hardly a press report about Barry the next door neighbour who shags the sheep down the road.
Original post by Virgili
He's an anonymous talking about a stranger. Hardly a press report about Barry the next door neighbour who shags the sheep down the road.

mods can see the username.

It just had no relevance to the discussion to be honest. :dontknow:
Reply 14
Over 50 !!!!!?
Reply 15
Original post by hezzlington
mods can see the username.

It just had no relevance to the discussion to be honest. :dontknow:

Highly relevant i'd say. She was used, now she lets men use her. Sounds like she should get professional help from a psychologist.
Original post by donutellme
Over 50? Lovely.

I know you didn't mean anything by it, but you really shouldn't judge. Victims of rape often struggle with their sexuality afterwards with many becoming hypersexual. It just shows that she's not coping as she should be. She needs empathy and support, and to most definitely see someone about her rape if she isn't already. Her behaviour is only going to make things worse unfortunately OP.
You've done the right thing by not sleeping with her. That wouldn't have done your friendship any good.
If you do get into a relationship with her, how can you trust her not to go and sleep with someone else? She's slept with over 50 guys already! That's a lot and she's probably not gonna stop unless something major happens.
I would take her to a therapist (because you clearly care about her) and see if something can be done to make her feel better.
She needs to realize that not all men are rapists and that they can be good friends without having sex. She's just being used by men at the moment for a quick ****.
If you care about her enough you'll want to stop that happening before she gets really bad and nearly unfixable.
Reply 18
Original post by Twinpeaks
I know you didn't mean anything by it, but you really shouldn't judge. Victims of rape often struggle with their sexuality afterwards with many becoming hypersexual. It just shows that she's not coping as she should be. She needs empathy and support, and to most definitely see someone about her rape if she isn't already. Her behaviour is only going to make things worse unfortunately OP.

Agreed, OP doesn't sound like a whore, she sounds like a troubled girl who was used by a horrible person and now has unfortunate views of sex.
Original post by Virgili
She's broken, I doubt you'll fix her, this is a very deep issue.

Referring to a rape victim as broken? Are you actually for real? You may as well call her spoiled goods....

I can't even.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending