The Student Room Group

Is there any chance I will be approved?

In 2007 I did 3 out of 5 years of a part-time, self-funded Quantity Surveying BSc(Hons). I didn't complete the course but did achieve a CertHe. I was told at the time that those 3 years equated to 1 year full time.

Now I would like a career change and have been accepted on a full time Psychotherapy BSc(Hons) course. It's taken a lot to make this decision as I am leaving a well paid job, I have a house to pay for etc but once I made the decision, I knew I wanted to go back to Uni so much!

Having spoken to Student Finance, they were unsure of my entitlement. At first they said, as I had completed 3 years of an Honors course, I would only have my 1 gift year left. Then they said, if I could get a letter from the University to say that those 3 years only amounted to 1 full time, that I may get funding for my 3 year course as my old course would only take up the gift year.

I managed to get a letter from University which I have sent off and am now awaiting their decision and I am completely on edge all the time. Any idea what my chances are of getting approved for the 3 years tuition fees loan?
Hi Zoe,

It would be done to the assessors discretion if you would be approved for the funding.

Thanks
Original post by Carly SFE
Hi Zoe,

It would be done to the assessors discretion if you would be approved for the funding.

Thanks

Hopefully I get someone nice assessing me then! x I did wonder how set in stone the rules were.
£

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending