The Student Room Group

Lonely and single at 20?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Relationships are overrated anyway

That is right. If someone is serious in living in togetherness enough, partnership comes automatically.*
Original post by newsunflower
My main aim at university is to find a boyfriend.

Someone please give me a gun

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao
Attachment not found
Reply 23
Original post by upperechelon
at least you're not lonely and single at 22 :smile:

lol what's wrong with being single at 22 ? I'm fine with it , I'm glad I focused on uni rather than finding someone, and managed to get accepted on a master degree :smile:
Original post by lousmithy
In a few weeks i'll be going to a festival with primarily couples, now i am 20 years old and not to be big headed not short of attention, just haven't found someone i'm happy to be with.

Although this still makes me sad that i haven't found anyone i'm happy to settle with.

I don't want to be depressed and lonely on the trip, looking at the couples and how happy they are and be all alone and horrible feeling.

Help me out, so i can stay positive in these situations?

thank you

You are only 20. Be patient, you may meet someone you like further down the line at 24.

If you want to find someone, approach someone? Try online dating, ask a friend or family member to help you with your profile as well as the best messages to send. Try speed dating, if you are working or at uni, find someone there, ask your family and friends to sort you out with someone. Also join clubs out of interest like salsa dancing, badminton club and you may meet someone there.

Work on yourself, wear good clothes, groom well, be positive, have ambitions, hobbies, be happy within yourself.

I wsih you the very best of luck!:smile:
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
Someone please give me a gun

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with what I said?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rameses
You dont need to look.. The right person will come when you least expect.. chin up :smile:

Original post by Rameses
If anyone is single at 22. It is not the end of the world.. especially if the person is going to uni :smile:

Sorry bud, but both these are a load of crap. Whilst it's true if you become desperate you're likely to put people off, not keeping an eye out at all isn't going to net the best results.

Similarly, uni isn't the fix to one's dating woes. You're put in more contact, yes, but you still may not find anyone.
Why do you feel the need to be with someone?
Original post by newsunflower
Then how come I want one sooo badly? I dream of having a boyfriend all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're not overrated at all.

Only if you're in a **** relationship, although according to comments I read online A LOT of people are. Relationships are magical.
I completely understand that feel. I will be 24 in a couple of months and never had a girlfriend. I hate going to those events where there are loads of couples with their PDAs. It is so depressing.... *
Original post by lousmithy
In a few weeks i'll be going to a festival with primarily couples, now i am 20 years old and not to be big headed not short of attention, just haven't found someone i'm happy to be with.

Although this still makes me sad that i haven't found anyone i'm happy to settle with.

I don't want to be depressed and lonely on the trip, looking at the couples and how happy they are and be all alone and horrible feeling.

Help me out, so i can stay positive in these situations?

thank you

single at 20 isn't a bad thing at all... you have many years ahead to meet someone and have fun etc... wait til youre older and your friends all start getting married and having kids lol, then you'll feel really alone!

but yeah i guess the only advice I have for the trip is to try to enjoy yourself regardless, hopefully they aren't the type of couples to be all over each other and theyll still include you :smile: enjoy yourself!
lol sweetheart there are people in their 30s and 40s who are lonely and single. don't feel bad about being like that at 20, a LOT of 20 year olds are in the same boat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending