Turn on thread page Beta

Hello!

So, what subjects are you studying?

I am currenlty studying A Levels at college (first year at college) The subjects that I am currenlty taking are Computer Science (AQA) , IT (AQA) and English Language (AQA). I am also doing Level 3 Core Maths (AQA).

How are you finding college?

Erm.. College is good. Much better than high school in my opinion. You have a lot more breaks and you also have more time to 'yourself.' I enjoy doing A Levels at my college as the teachers there are available to help you. If I put in my own effort (revising in free periods) and the teacher puts in their effort (giving support and marking work on time) then I think I'll pass all my A Levels.

What are you hoping to acheive by the end of your first year of A Levels?

Well.. I would like to pass all my A Levels (when I mean pass I mean get a C or above in all subjects) I would like to get ABBB. (A for IT) To be honest, it would be a dream to come true if I was to pass all my A Levels.

I am going to post here weekly about what happened at college, any work I've received, my feelings about the subjects - you get the idea.

Anyways, I really hope you enjoy my blog!

Blog updates

November

December
    Spoiler:
    Show

How I take my notes
    Spoiler:
    Show

https://postimg.org/image/50qm8tzs3/

(Yes.. that's my writing. Pretty bad, right?)

Basically this is how I take my notes when I'm in lessons.I write it clear and put it in the way where I understand so when I come back to look at these notes it makes it easier to read. I also highlighted keywords to make to more presentable and had drawn some small diagrams. Like it?

And then in blue pen I write my questions related to that topic. I do this because when I revise I can just flick through the pages after I've answered the question. If I get stuck on that question, I could just look at the notes above.

Also, my teacher (IT) gave the whole class a pack of revision cards (how nice!) to revise from and I started to make notes which are short so when I'm in a hurry or need to go somewhere and have like 5 mins I can use these revision cards to quickly revise from. It has the question at the back and the notes at the front. It is a good revision technique. I suggest you should use it.
    Here are some pics:
    https://s16.postimg.org/khs8ykzwl/WP_20161104_20_49_58_Pro.png
    https://s22.postimg.org/l64qaqfdt/WP_20161104_20_50_06_Pro.png

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    So is a blog you speaking to yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    Hello!

So, what subjects are you studying?

I am currenlty studying A Levels at college (first year of college) The subjects that I am taking are Computing, IT and English Language. I am also doing Level 3 Core Maths.

How are you finding college?

Erm.. College is good. Much better than high school in my opinion. You have a lot more breaks and have more time to 'yourself.' I enjoy doing A Levels at my college as the teachers there are available to help you. If I put in my own effort (revising in free periods) and the teacher puts in their effort (giving support and marking work on time) then I think I'll pass all my A Levels.

What are you hoping to acheive by the end of your first year of A Levels?

Well.. I would like to pass all my A Levels (when I mean pass I mean get a C or above in all subjects) I would like to get ABBB. (A for IT) I mean it would be a dream to come true if I was to pass all my A Levels.

I am going to post here weekly about what happened at college, any work I've received, my feelings about the subjects - you get the idea.
    If I was post here daily, it would get repetitive and would get boring, right?

Anyways, I really hope you enjoy my blog!

good start so far

(Original post by Squish•)
    So is a blog you speaking to yourself?
    Not really :/

ReputationRep:
    Not really :/
    oh but u asked urself questions and answered?

(Original post by mariam687)
    good start so far
    Thanks
    That's just the summary of what I'm doing atm. I'll probably have a small paragraph of what I've done each week.

oh but u asked urself questions and answered?
    Oh no that's just like a summary of what I'm doing lol
    Like it's better if I do it in that format.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no that's just like a summary of what I'm doing lol
    Like it's better if I do it in that format.
    oh so a blog is like writing something as if you are being asked the questions that people ask to get to know about!!!!!you*R03!!

oh so a blog is like writing something as if you are being asked the questions that people ask to get to know about!!!!!you*R03!!
    Yeah but every week I'm going to have like an update on what's happened at college and stuff like that, you'll see

So far so good!
    I see you're taking English Lang, is it good?
    I do English Lit. It can be boring at times :lol:
    Computing as in computer science?

ReputationRep:
    a good start
    keep on doing well

(Original post by MnkyPolo)
    So far so good!
    I see you're taking English Lang, is it good?
    I do English Lit. It can be boring at times :lol:
    Computing as in computer science?
    Yeah, English Language is more analysis.You compare different types of text and say what the message is etc.

Yep, Computer science. It's okay atm, programming is really hard :/

Yeah, English Language is more analysis.You compare different types of text and say what the message is etc.

Yep, Computer science. It's okay atm, programming is really hard :/
    Oh right! My sixth form didn't offer English Language
    Plus, this year is so packed because I have to go over last years work but i'm glad because i do not have to read Wuthering Heights. That book confused me so much.

what part of programming makes it hard?
    do you have coursework?

Oh right! My sixth form didn't offer English Language
    Plus, this year is so packed because I have to go over last years work but i'm glad because i do not have to read Wuthering Heights. That book confused me so much.

what part of programming makes it hard?
    do you have coursework?
    Oh right
    Oh, I'm not into books, that's why I didn't pick English Lit.

Have you heard of C#? We used that programming language and it's so different to python. The teacher is okay but she expects you to know it and practise it before you come in lesson.
    No, I don't think so. I'm more of an exam type of person - that's why I had chosen A Levels over BTEC Level 3.

Oh right
    Oh, I'm not into books, that's why I didn't pick English Lit.

Have you heard of C#? We used that programming language and it's so different to python. The teacher is okay but she expects you to know it and practise it before you come in lesson.
    No, I don't think so. I'm more of an exam type of person - that's why I had chosen A Levels over BTEC Level 3.
    oh no i've never heard of C#
    maybe that was an old spec because it did have coursework not sure what percent though.
    Computing sounds hard.

oh no i've never heard of C#
    maybe that was an old spec because it did have coursework not sure what percent though.
    Computing sounds hard.
    Yeah we're doing the new spec.
    Hmm.. pray for me!

Yeah we're doing the new spec.
    Hmm.. pray for me!
    makes sense
    Will do! Pray for me too please.
    I need good grades

makes sense
    Will do! Pray for me too please.
    I need good grades
    Will do! Going to go now.
    Good luck for the future

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for the future
    pray for me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for the future
    Alright byee!
    Thank you, you too Jazakallah Khair

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.