The Student Room Group

When should I contact my ex

Last week my relationship of 3 months came to an abrupt end. We were not meant to be in a relationship and when someone found out about it, it ended and I have not talked to him for a week. The relationship was not exactly always a good one but he made me happy. I dont know if I exactly loved him or if he loved me back but I am SO hurt over it. I have not ate properly over the last week and feel down a lot.

I want to contact him and discuss about how we got caught and ask him how he actually felt but I dont know when to do it. Should I wait until I am less torn about it? Or very soon so I can get answers and try and move on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Last week my relationship of 3 months came to an abrupt end. We were not meant to be in a relationship and when someone found out about it, it ended and I have not talked to him for a week. The relationship was not exactly always a good one but he made me happy. I dont know if I exactly loved him or if he loved me back but I am SO hurt over it. I have not ate properly over the last week and feel down a lot.

I want to contact him and discuss about how we got caught and ask him how he actually felt but I dont know when to do it. Should I wait until I am less torn about it? Or very soon so I can get answers and try and move on?

contact him now!!!!
Reply 2

Why were you not meant to be in a relationship? Age, religion, what?
I know you're really hurt by it but it will pass. In my experience he may not give you the answers you're looking for and you may just feel worse after speaking to him :frown: give it some time and heal yourself first, and if you still want to talk to him then do so as you'll have figured out what to say. I know the only person you want to see is the one who hurt you but you need to make sure it doesn't make it more difficult for you!!!
hugs, stay strong x
Reply 4
I know you're really hurt by it but it will pass. In my experience he may not give you the answers you're looking for and you may just feel worse after speaking to him :frown: give it some time and heal yourself first, and if you still want to talk to him then do so as you'll have figured out what to say. I know the only person you want to see is the one who hurt you but you need to make sure it doesn't make it more difficult for you!!!
hugs, stay strong x

I mucked up. I messaged him yesterday afternoon via email, because I can't text or call him now, but he's not replied and now I feel so down. When I sent it I felt so motivated and felt as though I didn't need him and I was already over it. But not he's not yet replied and I'm feeling down. There's like a high chance he's not even seen the email, there's even a chance he never will, I don't even know if he checks it regularly. Do you think I should still try calling him in a couple of weeks? Because that's when I was planning to contact him, after I couple of weeks
Reply 5
I mucked up. I messaged him yesterday afternoon via email, because I can't text or call him now, but he's not replied and now I feel so down. When I sent it I felt so motivated and felt as though I didn't need him and I was already over it. But not he's not yet replied and I'm feeling down. There's like a high chance he's not even seen the email, there's even a chance he never will, I don't even know if he checks it regularly. Do you think I should still try calling him in a couple of weeks? Because that's when I was planning to contact him, after I couple of weeks

just move on, youll find better and get over it dw

If it as ended suddenly I would move on, worse thing you could do is keep on trying to contact your ex, it is not nice but it is better when it is kept in the past.
Reply 7
Original post by SofyTSR
just move on, youll find better and get over it dw

Finding it so hard though. I'm just needing some answers from him
Reply 8
Original post by Rock Fan
If it as ended suddenly I would move on, worse thing you could do is keep on trying to contact your ex, it is not nice but it is better when it is kept in the past.

Not even if I try contacting him one more time? Because I don't even know if I reached him via email
Reply 9
Whenever you want!

Don't live your life wondering what might have been. If you want to do something do it!

I wanted to message my ex and people told me not to but I did anyway! To be fair she didn't reply but I'm glad I did it otherwise I'd have been thinking what if.
Not even if I try contacting him one more time? Because I don't even know if I reached him via email

You could text him but why on earth did you two have to end it anyway?
Original post by Dan24719
Whenever you want!

Don't live your life wondering what might have been. If you want to do something do it!

I wanted to message my ex and people told me not to but I did anyway! To be fair she didn't reply but I'm glad I did it otherwise I'd have been thinking what if.

Did you not feel even more down and sad when she never replied though ?
You could text him but why on earth did you two have to end it anyway?

I can't because my family are checking my phone to make sure I'm not. It's because he's 6 years older than me, I'm 22 and he's 28. I come from a strict family and they think he's just using me because I'm younger
I can't because my family are checking my phone to make sure I'm not. It's because he's 6 years older than me, I'm 22 and he's 28. I come from a strict family and they think he's just using me because I'm younger

Wow your family need to get real, 22 and 28 is hardly an issue, not like you are 16. Then again if he don't reply then guess also shows he can't be bothered either.
Wow your family need to get real, 22 and 28 is hardly an issue, not like you are 16. Then again if he don't reply then guess also shows he can't be bothered either.

But I don't know for definite if he's even seen the email. He might not check it regularly. Or he might only check it when he knows something he needs is coming through, and even then he might not go through all the mail. Idk I'm such a mess
But I don't know for definite if he's even seen the email. He might not check it regularly. Or he might only check it when he knows something he needs is coming through, and even then he might not go through all the mail. Idk I'm such a mess

Still get the feeling if he was that bothered he would still try and contact you.

You're 22! You're an adult, why on earth are your family dictating your life. Text him, email is so unreliable. What're your family going to do? They can't unsend a text. I have a strict family so I understand but you can't let them hold you back when you want answers that you have every reason to get.

But as some people have said he might just not be bothered, still worth getting his view on the situation. It's better than feeling clueless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still get the feeling if he was that bothered he would still try and contact you.

Even if he wasn't bothered then I'd like to definitely know. Feel like I should only contact him one more time by calling, not in the next few days though, still feeling so emotional
Original post by BlatantSpecs
You're 22! You're an adult, why on earth are your family dictating your life. Text him, email is so unreliable. What're your family going to do? They can't unsend a text. I have a strict family so I understand but you can't let them hold you back when you want answers that you have every reason to get.

But as some people have said he might just not be bothered, still worth getting his view on the situation. It's better than feeling clueless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My family have done everything for me and I rely on them so much. I don't want my relationship with them to mess up too, he's not worth it but I still need some answers from him. And I don't want to text him, I'm rubbish at conveying my feeling through words, it would have to be a call
My family have done everything for me and I rely on them so much. I don't want my relationship with them to mess up too, he's not worth it but I still need some answers from him. And I don't want to text him, I'm rubbish at conveying my feeling through words, it would have to be a call

Why don't you call him with a member of your family with you being silent? They could hear what's happening and you can get your answers, surely that's an alright option for you if you really wish to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending