The Student Room Group

Eu/Uk student loan application

Today, when I tried to apply for the student loan on the site, as I heard from friends that I should apply online, I made an account there. Then I read more carefully and saw that the online application is for UK residents and I am a Romanian student. I 'ended' completing my application at the question
You need to have lived in the UK for at least 5 years at the point your course starts, but you do not need to be a UK national. https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students
Reply 2
Original post by mrcrnow
Today, when I tried to apply for the student loan on the site, as I heard from friends that I should apply online, I made an account there. Then I read more carefully and saw that the online application is for UK residents and I am a Romanian student. I 'ended' completing my application at the question

Entitlement to Student Finance is based on your UK residency, not your nationality.

EU residents can only apply on paper and shouldn't use the online system. If you're currently living in Romania, then you need to use the paper form.

If you have lived in the UK for five years or more, then you will be assessed as a Home student. You should use the online system regardless of your nationality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending