The Student Room Group

Why does everyone react the same when I say I don't wanna have kids!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fermion.
Not everybody is going to respect your decision unfortunately. I'm infertile and I haven't seen many people respect this either, especially people from older generations. It's going to be hard for me to actually find someone who is ok with it all. :frown:

That must be awful :frown:
it's this strand of millennial stupidity that causes people to become minorities in their own country.

yes, not everyone has to have children but it's funny how you see children as an obstacle to fun, travelling and graphic designing... lmao, then you wonder why people call you selfish.

Spoiler

Reply 22
Original post by StudyJosh
it's this strand of millennial stupidity that causes people to become minorities in their own country.

yes, not everyone has to have children but it's funny how you see children as an obstacle to fun, travelling and graphic designing... lmao, then you wonder why people call you selfish.

Spoiler

Nobody specifically called me selfish, actually, it was just implied
You're obviously a minority who thinks this, why don't you come back to this century before you decide to use pathetic stereotypes. Of course it's not an obstacle to avoid, I'm not avoiding anything, I said previously that I'll probably have kids later on in life....

Gender non conforming? No... I am female. And that's it. Sorry I don't fit your judgment pal.

I was just asking other people's opinions, you're not assaulting anyone. ****ing chill haha
Well technically speaking women make babies so we are, but that's not what we're born for, no..
(edited 6 years ago)
I personally would say do whatever you want/enjoy.

Most people in society are just brain-wired and feel if someone does something different to the norm in society then its bad and it should not happen which in certain cases like this is bad.
I think its your choice/ your life. Dont let people govern how you want to spend the rest of your life and the major aspects of it.
Reply 24
Original post by Dhanny
I personally would say do whatever you want/enjoy.

Most people in society are just brain-wired and feel if someone does something different to the norm in society then its bad and it should not happen which in certain cases like this is bad.
I think its your choice/ your life. Dont let people govern how you want to spend the rest of your life and the major aspects of it.

Think someone needs to tell that to StudyJosh :lol:
Original post by Miss tiara

Nobody specifically called me selfish, actually, it was just implied
You're obviously a minority who thinks this, why don't you come back to this century before you decide to use pathetic stereotypes. Of course it's not an obstacle to avoid, I'm not avoiding anything, I said previously that I'll probably have kids later on in life....

Gender non conforming? No... I am female. And that's it. Sorry I don't fit your judgment pal.

I was just asking other people's opinions, you're not assaulting anyone. ****ing chill haha
Well technically speaking women make babies so we are, but that's not what we're born for, no..

I'm doing perfectly well in this century so I don't see your problems. Also, how did I stereotype? Please learn the definitions of the words you use.

If it's not an obstacle to fun, travel and graphic design, why do you act like it is?
Also, I only read your OP so I had no knowledge of you having 'children later' but ultimately I don't really care about whether you have children or not.

The spoiler was just a joke mocking radical liberals so chill out. You can't white knight for yourself so I obviously wasn't referring to you.
I'm 36, I had a full hysterectomy 5 years ago after being diagnosed with cancer of the womb and before that I had 6 miscarriages. Yet I still see on Facebook my smug mummy friends saying stuff like 'women who aren't mummies are selfish' and 'you can only be inspirational and achieve if you are a mummy' and 'you can never know love if you don't have children' I badly wanted kids but you know what I would rather be alive! I don't like the pity I get either.
Reply 27
Original post by princessmaire80
I'm 36, I had a full hysterectomy 5 years ago after being diagnosed with cancer of the womb and before that I had 6 miscarriages. Yet I still see on Facebook my smug mummy friends saying stuff like 'women who aren't mummies are selfish' and 'you can only be inspirational and achieve if you are a mummy' and 'you can never know love if you don't have children' I badly wanted kids but you know what I would rather be alive! I don't like the pity I get either.

Well those 3 quotes are insane! I'm sorry you went through that, must've been really tough :/
What about the love you can have for your partner, the love you can have for your family and friends? Do those just not matter haha, I sometimes think they're brainwashed especially younger mothers. It's almost like denial.

The way I see it if they can bash you for not having children you can bash them for having them, whatever
Well those 3 quotes are insane! I'm sorry you went through that, must've been really tough :/
What about the love you can have for your partner, the love you can have for your family and friends? Do those just not matter haha, I sometimes think they're brainwashed especially younger mothers. It's almost like denial.

The way I see it if they can bash you for not having children you can bash them for having them, whatever

Some people dont even deserve kids yet God somehow lets them , and doesnt let people like me or that user above. Sad
Original post by Jirga
That must be awful :frown:

It is :redface:
Original post by Fermion.
Not everybody is going to respect your decision unfortunately. I'm infertile and I haven't seen many people respect this either, especially people from older generations. It's going to be hard for me to actually find someone who is ok with it all. :frown:

Bless you, Hope you finally meet that someone at the right time! :console:

Personally I wouldn't mind if a girl was infertile as long as I liked them!

Don't worry, you'll find the person :console:
I'm only 21 at the moment so I guess I could change my mind and maybe have kids when I'm like more late twenties early 30's, I just don't think the older generation listen
Miss Unknown, not really old people just older people like 40-50.
Can I skip the 5 children and just get a sausage dog and Guinea pigs? They're the cutest! Hahah

No that's not part of the 'happy family' prospective that i had :colonhash::colonhash: :tongue:
But yeah you're right not just Old people, 40-50's as well :smile:
Original post by Seamus123
I am an 'older adult'. I am 69 and I have 7 kids. Having children is a personal choice so if you don't want to have children, then that is your business. There is nothing worse than an unwanted child. X

Are you actually 69?
Tbh I don't want to get married but I will and one of the reasons Is because I want a baby . Love babies
Original post by emerald7770
Are you actually 69?

Yes. Born in 1948. My oldest was born in 1972 and my youngest in 1984. I'm just finishing my second year at uni.
Yes. Born in 1948. My oldest was born in 1972 and my youngest in 1984. I'm just finishing my second year at uni.

Ah that's really nice! Well good luck with that
I am an 'older adult'. I am 69 and I have 7 kids. Having children is a personal choice so if you don't want to have children, then that is your business. There is nothing worse than an unwanted child. X

lol ur 69 with 7 kids? and ur on student room

bit odd but ok

wow, what course?
why is everyone so negative towards me for not wanting children,
I am female, but I can't see myself having any children as I still have so much I want to do in life! I want to be a graphic designer and travel, and have fun :smile:
Why do older adults act like this is selfish? ..
Just wondering what everyone else's opinion is ..

Just wait until your maternal clock kicks in, you'll be at it like rabbits during mating season. :bunny:
Original post by study beats
wow, what course?

Criminology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending