The Student Room Group

Why does everyone react the same when I say I don't wanna have kids!?

Scroll to see replies

Because they're losers that have nothing better to do other than criticise other people's choices.
Reply 41
I find it strange how so many people these days don't want kids

it's literally 30% - 40%

All my uncle's and Aunties have kids ..so maybe that's why I find it strange ... I dunno
Reply 42
because they want you to be as equally miserable as they are.
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous
Just wait until your maternal clock kicks in, you'll be at it like rabbits during mating season. :bunny:

HAHAHAH
Tbh I can still be at it like a rabbit and not have babies but, maybe you're right
Original post by Miss tiara
HAHAHAH
Tbh I can still be at it like a rabbit and not have babies but, maybe you're right

What your saying is quite common, I have known some females who were like they'll never have kids, kids are evil little things, pregnancy is painful etc. As soon as they hit their late 20's and they saw that their friends were having kids everything changed and then they ended up getting preggo. It is the pressure from family/friends and the maternal clock/nurturing capacity that ends up getting to them.
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
What your saying is quite common, I have known some females who were like they'll never have kids, kids are evil little things, pregnancy is painful etc. As soon as they hit their late 20's and they saw that their friends were having kids everything changed and then they ended up getting preggo. It is the pressure from family/friends and the maternal clock/nurturing capacity that ends up getting to them.

I sometimes think babies are cute and then other times they're just annoying haha
I have 4 year old nephew and I love him to pieces to be honest,
But yeah, that's just what naturally happens.
I have no idea, neither do I
why is everyone so negative towards me for not wanting children,
I am female, but I can't see myself having any children as I still have so much I want to do in life! I want to be a graphic designer and travel, and have fun :smile:
Why do older adults act like this is selfish? ..
Just wondering what everyone else's opinion is ..

It's your business and no one else's. Many people are like you: they want to do other things and have talents they want to develop. Don't listen to anyone but yourself.

For us, we wanted to be parents and it is the defining joy of our lives. But parenthood isn't for everyone.

The world doesn't need more people, so your current desire not to have kids is positive in that respect. There's no reason that anyone should criticise you, and at least one to applaud you.
Don't do it!
If you like anything about your life, just don't 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am female, but I can't see myself having any children as I still have so much I want to do in life! I want to be a graphic designer and travel, and have fun :smile:
Why do older adults act like this is selfish? ..
Just wondering what everyone else's opinion is ..

Considering you said "everyone" I am fairly sure you are just seeing one or two negative reactions and projecting them onto everyone else.

Chances are, no one gives a rat's a**.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending