The Student Room Group

How long to get confirmation letter through

I have applied for a part time loan for student finance around 16 days ago. Is it likely I will get a confirmation letter in the next 7 days as I need confirmation before I can do anything else?
Hi ..Amy...,

You wouldn't receive any confirmation of your funding until you receive your Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter. Applications can take at least six weeks however they can go through much more quickly. Part time applications are for Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) only so they are non means tested applications where we don't need to check household income so that can speed things up a lot.

The best way to monitor the progress of your application is to keep checking your online account. If we have got everything we need you won't see anything outstanding on your 'To Do List'. Once your application is approved we would send you your NOE through the post which takes 7 to 10 working days and you would also be able to get a copy of it on the letters and emails section of your online account the day after your application was approved.

Thanks
Reply 2
So would I need to fill out a declaration form before I get NOE or can this come before I send the declaration form?

Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi ..Amy...,

You wouldn't receive any confirmation of your funding until you receive your Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter. Applications can take at least six weeks however they can go through much more quickly. Part time applications are for Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) only so they are non means tested applications where we don't need to check household income so that can speed things up a lot.

The best way to monitor the progress of your application is to keep checking your online account. If we have got everything we need you won't see anything outstanding on your 'To Do List'. Once your application is approved we would send you your NOE through the post which takes 7 to 10 working days and you would also be able to get a copy of it on the letters and emails section of your online account the day after your application was approved.

Thanks
Hi ..Amy...,

If you didn't send us your Online Declaration Form (OND) when you submitted your online application we can still approve you for your funding without this. We would send you out an OND with your Notification of Entitlement Letter for you to sign and send back to us then. The OND is required for us to fully approve your application and if you were taking a loan out for the first time we would need this to trigger us to send your National Insurance Number (NINO) off to the Department of Work and Pensions to be validated. We need a valid NINO and Confirmation of Attendance from the University before we can release your Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) to your University when your course starts.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending