The Student Room Group

Eligibility if exams only student

Hello,

Due to illness, I need to retake some modules as an exams only student.

Will I be eligible for student finance still?

I am a part-time student and will only be sitting exams so be classed as an exams only student this academic year.

I have not applied for student finance before and someone suggested I should consider it.

Can I apply as an exams only student this academic year or wait until next year when if I pass will be a proper student on the part-time course?

Regards
:smile:
Original post by g00nies
Hello,

Due to illness, I need to retake some modules as an exams only student.

Will I be eligible for student finance still?

I am a part-time student and will only be sitting exams so be classed as an exams only student this academic year.

I have not applied for student finance before and someone suggested I should consider it.

Can I apply as an exams only student this academic year or wait until next year when if I pass will be a proper student on the part-time course?

Regards
:smile:

Hi g00nies,

'Exam only' students are sometimes classed as classed as an 'external/not in attendance' students. As you are not attending the course you are not eligible for fee loans etc

When you start as a 'proper' student you would be eligible to apply for the funding.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 2
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi g00nies,

'Exam only' students are sometimes classed as classed as an 'external/not in attendance' students. As you are not attending the course you are not eligible for fee loans etc

When you start as a 'proper' student you would be eligible to apply for the funding.

Regards,

Stuart

Thank you.
Reply 3
Hi g00nies,

Regards,

Stuart

I sorted a payment plan for my fees with my uni.

Just wondered are there any exceptions to the rules? There maybe someone who would benefit from this being answered (as someone asked me this question). Maybe someone had unforeseen circumstances and are now exams only and need financial help.
Original post by g00nies
I sorted a payment plan for my fees with my uni.

Just wondered are there any exceptions to the rules? There maybe someone who would benefit from this being answered (as someone asked me this question). Maybe someone had unforeseen circumstances and are now exams only and need financial help.

Hi g00nies,

I can see where you are coming from but to be eligible for funding the student needs to be attending the course.

Students that are 'exam only' or 'not in attendance/external' won't be eligible.

There may be other sources of funding available for students in that sort of situation so chatting with the university or students' union might be worthwhile.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 5
Hi g00nies,

I can see where you are coming from but to be eligible for funding the student needs to be attending the course.

Students that are 'exam only' or 'not in attendance/external' won't be eligible.

There may be other sources of funding available for students in that sort of situation so chatting with the university or students' union might be worthwhile.

Regards,

Stuart

Thank you ever so much

I will pass that information on

I have to say asking questions on here is so easy and you guys always reply promptly.

Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending