The Student Room Group

Leaving the university course

Hi,
I had to leave my university course due to medical reasons.
I'm currently waiting for student finance to get back to me but I'm worried what is going to happen in terms of money. I would email but i couldnt find an email. I was just wondering if theres any way to contact them so I know what is going to happen.
Thanks,
Holly Cowd
Original post by 10holly.cowd
Hi,
I had to leave my university course due to medical reasons.
I'm currently waiting for student finance to get back to me but I'm worried what is going to happen in terms of money. I would email but i couldnt find an email. I was just wondering if theres any way to contact them so I know what is going to happen.
Thanks,
Holly Cowd

Hi Holly,

Once you leave University they usually notify us electronically to confirm this is the case and the reason.

This allows us to work out your entitlement up until you withdrew and if health related it usually extends the support by 60 days.

You can also contact us on 0300 100 0607.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Hi Shaun,
I tried calling but I don't know my CRN.
I'm wondering on average how long it takes to get back to me??
At the moment I'm waiting for a big sum to come that's expected to be paid upfront and my guarantor is also worried.
Thanks,
Holly Cowd

Original post by Shaun D SFE
Hi Holly,

Once you leave University they usually notify us electronically to confirm this is the case and the reason.

This allows us to work out your entitlement up until you withdrew and if health related it usually extends the support by 60 days.

You can also contact us on 0300 100 0607.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Original post by 10holly.cowd
Hi Shaun,
I tried calling but I don't know my CRN.
I'm wondering on average how long it takes to get back to me??
At the moment I'm waiting for a big sum to come that's expected to be paid upfront and my guarantor is also worried.
Thanks,
Holly Cowd

Hi Holly,

It's currently taking 24 working days to process that sort of information. The date it will be processed and when you will get the update will depend on when the university sent us the withdrawal notification.

You don't need to have your CRN when calling. It does make getting your details easier but we can search for your account on the system in other ways (name & date of births, National Insurance Number etc). We can give you your CRN during the call.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending