Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I had to leave my university course due to medical reasons.
    I'm currently waiting for student finance to get back to me but I'm worried what is going to happen in terms of money. I would email but i couldnt find an email. I was just wondering if theres any way to contact them so I know what is going to happen.
    Thanks,
    Holly Cowd
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10holly.cowd)
    Hi,
    I had to leave my university course due to medical reasons.
    I'm currently waiting for student finance to get back to me but I'm worried what is going to happen in terms of money. I would email but i couldnt find an email. I was just wondering if theres any way to contact them so I know what is going to happen.
    Thanks,
    Holly Cowd
    Hi Holly,

Once you leave University they usually notify us electronically to confirm this is the case and the reason.

This allows us to work out your entitlement up until you withdrew and if health related it usually extends the support by 60 days.

You can also contact us on 0300 100 0607.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Shaun,
    I tried calling but I don't know my CRN.
    I'm wondering on average how long it takes to get back to me??
    At the moment I'm waiting for a big sum to come that's expected to be paid upfront and my guarantor is also worried.
    Thanks,
    Holly Cowd

(Original post by Shaun D SFE)
    Hi Holly,

Once you leave University they usually notify us electronically to confirm this is the case and the reason.

This allows us to work out your entitlement up until you withdrew and if health related it usually extends the support by 60 days.

You can also contact us on 0300 100 0607.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10holly.cowd)
    Hi Shaun,
    I tried calling but I don't know my CRN.
    I'm wondering on average how long it takes to get back to me??
    At the moment I'm waiting for a big sum to come that's expected to be paid upfront and my guarantor is also worried.
    Thanks,
    Holly Cowd
    Hi Holly,

It's currently taking 24 working days to process that sort of information. The date it will be processed and when you will get the update will depend on when the university sent us the withdrawal notification.

You don't need to have your CRN when calling. It does make getting your details easier but we can search for your account on the system in other ways (name & date of births, National Insurance Number etc). We can give you your CRN during the call.

Regards,

Stuart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.