The Student Room Group

What's the most random thing you'd turn someone down for?

Scroll to see replies

Nothing too random from me...

... but smoking and prams are an instant no.
Original post by Anonymous
What's the most random, nitpicky or weirdest thing that you'd absolutely turn someone down for. So not being fat/ugly or personality, but something super nitpicky and random about their appearance or voice that would mean no matter how attractive/interesting someone is you just couldn't date them.

For me it's septum piercings.

I was put off a guy because he came on a date with an old coat with a button or two missing. Small, but that just says a lot to me. I've been raised to be presentable and my mother wouldn't let me out with an old coat missing a button. It showed a little laziness and not caring even in the slightest about looking presentable. :lol: It was a mixture of things as to why I rejected him, but it was one of them. I also went on a date with a douche who showed up in his work uniform whilst I'd made an effort to look nice.
Pronouncing it as "supposably".
ugly shoes/fashion sense
What's the most random, nitpicky or weirdest thing that you'd absolutely turn someone down for. So not being fat/ugly or personality, but something super nitpicky and random about their appearance or voice that would mean no matter how attractive/interesting someone is you just couldn't date them.

Not being up too date on music and not knowing and old music.
Original post by gjd800
Supporting Everton or United.

Thats not random. Thats a valid reason! :smile: :lol:
long nails
wearing jeans that dont fit
Using emojis, cannot spell or use proper grammar over text (I’d make an exception for a non-native speaker, but if their native language is English, hell no).
Only ever been asked out once, and said yes. Even if it did turn out to not be a great relationship

Anyway reasons Id turn a girl down.

Smoking
Takes drugs
Drinks too much
Overweight
Is one of these new-age SJW feminists
Speakz like dis u no wat I mean innit or uses emojis to speak.
No ambition and isnt at a certain level of intelligence (Linked to the one above)

Those are the main ones really
(edited 6 years ago)
Doesn’t use emojis/thinks they’re superior because they don’t use emojis

Get over yourself 🙅🏻*♀️🙃
Reply 51
If they didn't like Star Wars :biggrin:
Original post by Neeshay
If they didn't like Star Wars :biggrin:

Come on this isn't random this is obvious :biggrin:
I hate clicky joints, especially if they pop their knuckles out. It makes me cringe so much.
if they voted remain
People who have a bad sense of humour
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 56
if they play golf.
People who post on facebook more than once a week

I couldn't date someone who had gross feet. A friend of mine damaged his doing DIY or some other manly thing and that would be a turn off.
Reply 59
Come on this isn't random this is obvious :biggrin:

Haha good point :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending