The Student Room Group

Funding

Hello, I have a complex question about funding. I want to know If I will receive funding for my Year 2 retake if I have to retake.
This is my current record of Tuition fee loans I have had-

2014/15 - Tuition fee loan - £1850 (I dropped out of my course and I only was at University for 1 semester)

2016/17- Tuition fee Loan- £9000 Year 1 (Pass)

2017/18- Current year (Erasmus Year) - Tuition fee loan - £1350

Now this is my question... If fail my erasmus year and I have to retake my Year 2. Will I still be able to receive funding for Year 2 Retake and Year 3. I know that student fiance will only fund for 4 years but because I never did a full year In my first year. Can i still be funded for 2 more years?

Then my 2 additional questions are...

1.) If I cannot be funded- Would it be possible to pay for my tuition fee this year of £1350 and then apply for 2 more years of funding?

2.)If I cannot be funded for tuition fees for another year. Could I still apply and receive the full Maintenance loan from Student finance for my retake year?

I know this is a complex Question but I would really appreciate your help.I have failed some of my exams on Erasmus and Now i worry that i could fail, So i just want to know what would happen with funding.

Thank you Conor
Original post by conorjpd1
Hello, I have a complex question about funding. I want to know If I will receive funding for my Year 2 retake if I have to retake.
This is my current record of Tuition fee loans I have had-

2014/15 - Tuition fee loan - £1850 (I dropped out of my course and I only was at University for 1 semester)

2016/17- Tuition fee Loan- £9000 Year 1 (Pass)

2017/18- Current year (Erasmus Year) - Tuition fee loan - £1350

Now this is my question... If fail my erasmus year and I have to retake my Year 2. Will I still be able to receive funding for Year 2 Retake and Year 3. I know that student fiance will only fund for 4 years but because I never did a full year In my first year. Can i still be funded for 2 more years?

Then my 2 additional questions are...

1.) If I cannot be funded- Would it be possible to pay for my tuition fee this year of £1350 and then apply for 2 more years of funding?

2.)If I cannot be funded for tuition fees for another year. Could I still apply and receive the full Maintenance loan from Student finance for my retake year?

I know this is a complex Question but I would really appreciate your help.I have failed some of my exams on Erasmus and Now i worry that i could fail, So i just want to know what would happen with funding.

Thank you Conor

You're entitled to length of course + 1 - previous years study. Part of a year will count as a full year. Student finance work backwards; so if you have to pay for any years, they'll fund your last year and you'll have fund any other years before that.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
You're entitled to length of course + 1 - previous years study. Part of a year will count as a full year. Student finance work backwards; so if you have to pay for any years, they'll fund your last year and you'll have fund any other years before that.

What about if I paid this years tuition fee of £1350 would they fund me for another year?

Also would I still receive a maintenance loan?
Original post by conorjpd1
What about if I paid this years tuition fee of £1350 would they fund me for another year?

Also would I still receive a maintenance loan?

Hi Conor,

All students are entitled to the length of their course plus an additional year minus any previous study, as you attended the Erasmus year this is taken into consideration when calculating your future funding and will not make any difference if you pay the fees yourself for that year, you will also be entitled to apply for a maintenance loan.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending