The Student Room Group

How does student finance maintenance laons and grants calculated by Universal Credit

Hi there I have beeb aske by the UC to provide a breakdown of the grants and what it covers, not what it is used for. This information should be provided by Student Finance. We need to know how much of the grant is awarded to cover rent and for other members of your family. Please also specify how much you spend in travel costs to and from your course each week, giving the number of days you attend and the type of transport used. If on public transport, please confirm the costs of each journey and if you use a car, the mileage used each week to and from your place of study.

Due to this my application for UC is pending for 3 months and having two children to support has been tougher. Any one have similar experience? Your help is much apricieted
Original post by DHlondon
Hi there I have beeb aske by the UC to provide a breakdown of the grants and what it covers, not what it is used for. This information should be provided by Student Finance. We need to know how much of the grant is awarded to cover rent and for other members of your family. Please also specify how much you spend in travel costs to and from your course each week, giving the number of days you attend and the type of transport used. If on public transport, please confirm the costs of each journey and if you use a car, the mileage used each week to and from your place of study.

Due to this my application for UC is pending for 3 months and having two children to support has been tougher. Any one have similar experience? Your help is much apricieted

Hi DHlondon,
The amount of student Finance that you receive will effect any benefits that you apply for as this is classed as a source of income.
I would suggest that you contact Student Finance to request a letter confirming your payment breakdown and type of payments that you are receiving.

You can either call us on 0300 100 0607 or contact us on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending