The Student Room Group

Opening a bank account

I've got a building society account but I'm guessing this isn't appropriate. Would I need to open a bank account before applying for student finance?
Original post by Anagogic
I've got a building society account but I'm guessing this isn't appropriate. Would I need to open a bank account before applying for student finance?

As long as your account accepts BACS payments, you shouldn't need to open another account.

If you do open another account, you don't need to wait before applying for student finance. You can change the details later.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
As long as your account accepts BACS payments, you shouldn't need to open another account.

If you do open another account, you don't need to wait before applying for student finance. You can change the details later.

I didn't realise that, thanks.
Original post by Anagogic

Hi Anagogic,

You do not need to provide a bank account in order to get your support in place with Student Finance.

We will still process applications without bank details.

Just remember once you have one, to update the details online, we cannot make payments to you without valid bank details.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending