The Student Room Group

I don't know if I want to date him?

I've been flirting with a guy on text for 4 months, and back then we were just friends. Recently he asked me out to be his girlfriend. Ever since that day, our conversations have gotten noticeably shorter and he doesn't text back as fast as he used to. He can go like three hours without snapchatting me, but I can see his Snapscore increasing.

I just felt like it was more fun when we were friends, like I don't even feel like I have a boyfriend? Should I break up with him?
Maybe he is busy or doing something. Some people tend to reply late even if they see they got a message like myself because you want to finish the task you are doing at the time. If you want to break up with him, try to talk to him first. Don't make a rash decision.
Have you been on a date yet?
Seems kinda weird tbh, maybe talk to him about it?
Reply 3
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Maybe he is busy or doing something. Some people tend to reply late even if they see they got a message like myself because you want to finish the task you are doing at the time. If you want to break up with him, try to talk to him first. Don't make a rash decision.

But it never used to be like this when we were first getting to know each other. I don't understand the sudden lull right after he asked me out.
Reply 4
Original post by AzureCeleste
Have you been on a date yet?
Seems kinda weird tbh, maybe talk to him about it?

Yeah, we have like four times.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I've been flirting with a guy on text for 4 months, and back then we were just friends. Recently he asked me out to be his girlfriend. Ever since that day, our conversations have gotten noticeably shorter and he doesn't text back as fast as he used to. He can go like three hours without snapchatting me, but I can see his Snapscore increasing.

I just felt like it was more fun when we were friends, like I don't even feel like I have a boyfriend? Should I break up with him?

You've been txting with this guy for four months, and you say he asked you to be his girlfriend. You don't say how you replied, but I'm guessing you agreed. But you've never met, and you have doubts about meeting. The golden rule when dealing with a stranger online is - if in doubt, don't do it!
If you still like the guy, by all means keep txting him and ask him the questions you need to ask, but don't take things further unless you're sure of the situation.
Reply 6
We went out four times and he asked me out when we went out.
Yeah, we have like four times.

Did they go well or not?
Reply 8
Original post by AzureCeleste
Did they go well or not?

Yeah they went really well. We're also planning another date soon.

It's just that ever since asking me out, he's been texting me less frequently and I'm worried about that
Yeah they went really well. We're also planning another date soon.

It's just that ever since asking me out, he's been texting me less frequently and I'm worried about that

Maybe he's gone off you a bit? I don't know though
Just speak to him about it, ask why he's gone all quiet? Maybe it comes off as clingy with the constant messaging
Reply 10
Of course if you've actually been on dates that's a different story - you didn't tell us that originally. If he's meeting you fairly regularly, surely he doesn't need to txt you as much! He can talk to you when you meet. The dates have gone well, and as long as you're not creating doubts that I don't believe are there, they'll continue to go fine!! if he stops txting, that's when you worry!! Meantime enjoy the dates!!
(edited 5 years ago)
I asked him about it, and he said it was because he was trying hard to win me over, so he was more engaged in the texting. Now he's got me, so he feels he doesn't have to try as hard anymore.
I asked him about it, and he said it was because he was trying hard to win me over, so he was more engaged in the texting. Now he's got me, so he feels he doesn't have to try as hard anymore.

Talk him about this?
Original post by Rock Fan
Talk him about this?

What do I say?

I don't want to make it a big deal if it is what all guys do when they finally win a girl over. But at the same time, I feel bored in the relationship and neglected.
What do I say?

I don't want to make it a big deal if it is what all guys do when they finally win a girl over. But at the same time, I feel bored in the relationship and neglected.

If you feel this way you need to tell him, he may not realise, sounds like he is taking you for granted
How old is this guy?
How old is this guy?

We're both 18.
Reply 17
I don't think it's a big issue - I just feel that he believes he doesn't need to txt as much since he's started meeting you regularly. But if it's bothering you, just have a quiet, non-confrontational word with him, and I'm sure things can be sorted to the satisfaction of you both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending