The Student Room Group

Awaiting student loan approval

Hi there, I am a student who has a Biometric residence permit which gives me permanent residency and indefinite leave to remain. I got this a year after coming to the UK which was 2013; since then, I have had to renew the BRP as it expired in 2018. However, in order to issue a renewal, home office destroys the expired document so my residence permit for 2013-18 has been destroyed and my current residence permit is from July 2018 to December 2024.

As student finance requires my status in the UK 3 years before Course starts, this means they need the old residence permit that shows my status from 2015-2018 and like I said it has been destroyed.

I have sent the home office letters I received alongside the BRP however, these letters weren't dated; I have also given my permission for student finance to run a home office check but they're yet to get back to me and the latest date I can get a response is the 22nd of October. I would like to know if there's anything else I should be doing in order to speed up this process; also I want to know what to expect i.e if I will be denied the student loan or not? I also want to know if I should still register to my university and pay for my accommodation even though I do not know if it will be approved yet?

Any urgent advice or assistance you can offer will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Hi

If you have sent us all the evidence you can and have requested for us to do a Home Office check, these checks can take as standard between 5-10 working days. However, as these checks are done outwith SFE we cannot do anything to make this process faster. The best way forward would be to contact us directly via Facebook or telephone to allow us to verify you and access your account. From there we can ensure the Home Office check has been submitted for you.

Thanks
Gerard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending