The Student Room Group

Just gotten out of a bad relationship

I have just gotten out of a bad relationship with a colleague and previous friend (he also dumped me and is now ignoring me at work)

Throughout the relationship I felt alone and he never put me first and because I really loved him I allowed him to continuously disregard my feelings

I’m a very nice person and despite how difficult and wrong it feels I am ignoring him back as it is hurtful to be nice to someone who hurt me and have them continue to hurt me by snubbing me.

I’m looking at doing new hobbies such as swimming and cycling, being more sociable at work, and working on improving my wellbeing a similar level to how it was before the relationship, and just getting back to feeling happier.

I often feel empty and that I’m just never going to find someone who actually cares about me and loves me. I know this is a lame post but I just need some nice advice and tlc and perhaps even tough love if anyone can spare any
Reply 1
I can't give much practical advice, but good for you getting out of a bad relationship, honestly. There's way too many people out there just sitting through bad relationships because they're too afraid and overwhelmed of the crash and burn effect of the breakup. Sadly, it just happens. So you have done the right thing, and it looks like your in the right mindset to try your best to look forwards rather than backwards and doing new things for yourself. If you really help yourself out in that way with your health and keeping your mind occupied it will help with your feeling of emptiness

So, onwards and upwards :smile:
Take care
Reply 2
Original post by Love for Love
I can't give much practical advice, but good for you getting out of a bad relationship, honestly. There's way too many people out there just sitting through bad relationships because they're too afraid and overwhelmed of the crash and burn effect of the breakup. Sadly, it just happens. So you have done the right thing, and it looks like your in the right mindset to try your best to look forwards rather than backwards and doing new things for yourself. If you really help yourself out in that way with your health and keeping your mind occupied it will help with your feeling of emptiness

So, onwards and upwards :smile:
Take care

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I have just gotten out of a bad relationship with a colleague and previous friend (he also dumped me and is now ignoring me at work)

Throughout the relationship I felt alone and he never put me first and because I really loved him I allowed him to continuously disregard my feelings

I’m a very nice person and despite how difficult and wrong it feels I am ignoring him back as it is hurtful to be nice to someone who hurt me and have them continue to hurt me by snubbing me.

I’m looking at doing new hobbies such as swimming and cycling, being more sociable at work, and working on improving my wellbeing a similar level to how it was before the relationship, and just getting back to feeling happier.

I often feel empty and that I’m just never going to find someone who actually cares about me and loves me. I know this is a lame post but I just need some nice advice and tlc and perhaps even tough love if anyone can spare any

I have just stopped speaking to someone I guess you could say I was seeing on and off for 3 and a half years. I cut them completely off and like you, he never considered my feelings at all. If anything. He treated me like a door mat. He also thinks he’s not done anything wrong and gone round playing the victim and already ****ing a girl who’s just turned 18 (wouldn’t be so bad if he wasn’t 24).

When I got pregnant and he took no support or offered no responsibility and moved across the country and left me to go through an abortion on my own with him mum blaming it on me for him offering no support - I had enough.

Like you, I wake up everyday and I do feel empty and miserable but it will get easier. It’s hard to turn off your feelings for someone despite how badly they have treated you. It’s just going to take time and time really is the best healer. Do all them things you said will make you happier and if don’t want to work same shifts as him, speak to your manager in regards to that - they should be helpful and honour your request. One day, you will wake up and won’t care anymore. Good luck x
Reply 4
Original post by Jammie_x
I have just stopped speaking to someone I guess you could say I was seeing on and off for 3 and a half years. I cut them completely off and like you, he never considered my feelings at all. If anything. He treated me like a door mat. He also thinks he’s not done anything wrong and gone round playing the victim and already ****ing a girl who’s just turned 18 (wouldn’t be so bad if he wasn’t 24).

When I got pregnant and he took no support or offered no responsibility and moved across the country and left me to go through an abortion on my own with him mum blaming it on me for him offering no support - I had enough.

Like you, I wake up everyday and I do feel empty and miserable but it will get easier. It’s hard to turn off your feelings for someone despite how badly they have treated you. It’s just going to take time and time really is the best healer. Do all them things you said will make you happier and if don’t want to work same shifts as him, speak to your manager in regards to that - they should be helpful and honour your request. One day, you will wake up and won’t care anymore. Good luck x

Thank you so much I feel like you’re very much in a similar situation, good luck to you too x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending