The Student Room Group

I'm a boring person: Personal Statement Advice

I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for my personal statement for University. I've been sitting down every day for 5 hours a day brainstorming and I can't come up with anything. I scrapped some ideas because they are too general and not personal. I did, however, start my short answer about my culture/community/background and how I can add diversity to my college and I'm working on that. I'm 17 and I spent most of my teenage years striving for that 4.0 GPA that I never gave myself a chance to do extracurricular activities or become part of something meaningful. On top of that I'm very antisocial, my social life is nonexistent. My personal statement is due this Thursday. I am freaking out because I have a ton of workload for my college classes right now (I'm a high school senior in a dual enrollment program called Running Start in the US) but this personal statement is my priority.
Original post by student_6543
I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for my personal statement for University. I've been sitting down every day for 5 hours a day brainstorming and I can't come up with anything. I scrapped some ideas because they are too general and not personal. I did, however, start my short answer about my culture/community/background and how I can add diversity to my college and I'm working on that. I'm 17 and I spent most of my teenage years striving for that 4.0 GPA that I never gave myself a chance to do extracurricular activities or become part of something meaningful. On top of that I'm very antisocial, my social life is nonexistent. My personal statement is due this Thursday. I am freaking out because I have a ton of workload for my college classes right now (I'm a high school senior in a dual enrollment program called Running Start in the US) but this personal statement is my priority.

If you’re applying for US universities then the content and structure of your PS will be very different to those required for UCAS/UK universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending