The Student Room Group

Mum wants to live with me at Uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bang Outta Order
word. when I read "sharing the same room" my eyes actually stretched.

Worst part, for me. Imagine.
Original post by gjd800
Worst part, for me. Imagine.

maybe get those shower curtain rod thingies between the beds :rofl:
Original post by Merry Xmas
find a boyfriend or girlfriend. just live at there's

Defeats the purpose of my parent's efforts lmao
Original post by Muttley79
YOU shared the link to Cambridge's team to impress the OP. Yes - I'll stop there but why do the uni not do better if their course is so great?

I don't need to be impressed about Cambridge. I already know its good there :wink:
You can't just judge the entire engineering course based on some extra curricular competition. Besides, people who aren't doing engineering can also take part.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
maybe get those shower curtain rod thingies between the beds :rofl:

😂😂
Original post by Anonymous
I don't need to be impressed about Cambridge. I already know its good there :wink:
You can't just judge the entire engineering course based on some extra curricular competition. Besides, people who aren't doing engineering can also take part.

That's the same for every uni though - Cambridge is not as good as it was as it has not changed to reflect what industry wants.
Original post by Muttley79
That's the same for every uni though - Cambridge is not as good as it was as it has not changed to reflect what industry wants.

I got into Cambridge :smile:)
Original post by Anonymous
My dad lives overseas and me and my mum lives in the UK.
We currently rent our house.
I'm going to uni soon but it would be too expensive to carry on renting our current house.
Both my parents agree that they want my mum to live with me at uni, which means instead of of living in the halls, I am living externally.
The problem (aside from socially) is that since the standard of living and living costs is higher at the area of my uni, it is likely that we would be renting a single room together and my mum and I would be living in the same room. It will also still be more expensive than in uni accommodation, though they say that this is the cheaper option and is better since my mum can watch over me and make sure I am studying and not fooling around or getting married secretly, etc etc.

I'm not sure how to proceed tbh.

The thing to do is to get a job and save money, I would say. Also, it’s honestly not a big deal to live with one’s mum
Original post by Dazza happy
The thing to do is to get a job and save money, I would say. Also, it’s honestly not a big deal to live with one’s mum

It is, if you are planning on going to Cambridge where one of the entrance conditions is that they require undergraduates to live in one of their colleges - no mum's allowed.

To be honest, OP, if your parents cannot see that an offer from Cambridge includes the offer of "the Cambridge lifestyle" within college - then there is very little point in you accepting that offer. Go to any other university as, unless you are experiencing the holistic aspect of Cambridge, it is pointless. Oxford and Cambridge are two of the "safest" campuses in the country, as the porters are effectively security guards, and whilst there will inevitably be noise some nights/events to attend, everyone who is there is constantly under pressure to perform, so everyone will prioritise study.
Reply 187
This site is full of incel racists. Her family’s income is £60,000 a year, the issue is that they don’t want her to take out any SFE (Which is stupid seeing as they clearly don’t have the money to comfortably pay tuition outright), not that they’re destitute. And if she did well enough in her A Levels to get an offer from Imperial, then highly doubt her destiny is to be the non-English speaking, benefit scrounging immigrant that you’ve imagined in your delusional mind.

Original post by That'sGreat
I can guarantee the OP isn’t a British native. Hence, it raises the question why we allow people who can barely afford to live in the U.K. to come here, especially when there’s 700k unemployed (and that’s excluding economically inactive, which would raise it to 4 million):
Original post by hau28
This site is full of incel racists. Her family’s income is £60,000 a year, the issue is that they don’t want her to take out any SFE (Which is stupid seeing as they clearly don’t have the money to comfortably pay tuition outright), not that they’re destitute. And if she did well enough in her A Levels to get an offer from Imperial, then highly doubt her destiny is to be the non-English speaking, benefit scrounging immigrant that you’ve imagined in your delusional mind.

I wrote a comment pointing out every moronic thing you thought was important enough to include, but I can already tell you'd probably just report it in order to avoid having to listen to someone with an different opinion to the echo chamber you are used to. So I'll just leave you to enjoy your overinflated belief in your own intellect and simply point out that you revived a thread that was over 6 months old just so you could virtue signal. Get a life kiddo.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 189
You’ve made nearly 4000 posts on this site within the space of 4 years but you’re the one who supposedly has a life outside of this website? 😂 You’re clearly more delusional than I thought, weirdo.
Original post by hau28
You’ve made nearly 4000 posts on this site within the space of 4 years but you’re the one who supposedly has a life outside of this website? 😂 You’re clearly more delusional than I thought, weirdo.

Well nearly is an over-exaggeration, he has 3,608. Also, his average posts per day is 2.5, which is nothing. Wait never mind, taking all that time to write 2 or 3 TSR posts a day surely makes you a no life. Also, if you're going to try to insult someone, at least tag or quote them so they know. :yy:
Reply 191
You would need a percentage increase of just over 10% to make it 4000, that is not a stretch. And yes spending everyday posting on this site indicates you have no life. Is this you again on your burner account?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending