The Student Room Group

Tampons

I can't seem to insert a tampon and it's really frustrating. I am going on holiday in a few days and I was meant to start my period 3 days ago so I am going to be on it for all of my holiday. I love swimming so I wont be able to do it, I have looked everywhere and it seems that I have to wear a tampon to swim but i cant put one in.

Whenever i try, I just end up crying. I know that sounds dramatic but I get really stressed and upset. I have used a mirror and I can only find a tiny, tiny hole definitely not big enough to get a tampon in. I can only get the tip in and then it starts to hurt. This then scares my for what losing my virginity will feel like in the future.

Please help me and give me advice as soon as you can! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I personally don't wear tampons but if they really hurt I suggest using a pad. I've swam with a pad in before and I didn't leak. The pressure from the water will keep the blood in trust me. Just my opinion
:smile:
Original post by sweeline
I've swam with a pad in before and I didn't leak.

Ewww
Use your fingers to part the labia. Then you will be able to find the vaginal entrance easily. If you're struggling to get it inside shift position - the problem is likely the angle you're at. Standing with one leg on the lid of the toilet can help you to push it in straight.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Ewww

Uuuuh ok? I don't see how there's anything wrong with that but you do you
Uuuuh ok? I don't see how there's anything wrong with that but you do you

Everything is wrong with that
One did you wear underwear underneath your costume? or how did you apply the pad?
2, the pad completely gets soaked through to the maximum so can no longer absorb any blood
Original post by AzureCeleste
One did you wear underwear underneath your costume? or how did you apply the pad?
2, the pad completely gets soaked through to the maximum so can no longer absorb any blood

1. Yes I wore underwear and then wore my swimsuit. It's literally just water It'll dry
2. There was literally zero blood when I came out of the pool. The blood started flowing again 2 minutes after I got out of said pool
You may be having issues with tensing up that's making things a little harder.

The first time is a bit scary, and finding the right angle can be a little difficult. You may also be encountering your hymen - a thin piece of skin that partially covers your vagina - this will move out of the way or break. It might be an idea to try a super clean finger to work out your anatomy and to get an understanding of where you're aiming for. It should be aimed towards your butt - make sure that you have your period when you're trying too or it's going to be super unpleasant! Have you tried the tiny tampons made for young teens?

I know it's the unknown, but try not to think about your virginity at this point. It's only going to make you more stressed. When it comes around to your virginity, you'll hopefully be in a situation where your body is all "yay sex!" and will adjust and prepare for what's happening.
1. Yes I wore underwear and then wore my swimsuit. It's literally just water It'll dry
2. There was literally zero blood when I came out of the pool. The blood started flowing again 2 minutes after I got out of said pool

Maybe cause it all went in the pool or something?
Even if not it weighs down the swimsuit when it is soaking wet and the pad doesn't stick properly at all to the underwear when soaking wet. You would need to go to the bathroom immediatly to change
Original post by sinfonietta
Use your fingers to part the labia. Then you will be able to find the vaginal entrance easily. If you're struggling to get it inside shift position - the problem is likely the angle you're at. Standing with one leg on the lid of the toilet can help you to push it in straight.

Way to instruct op how to pop get own cherry. You are dangerously neutral.
Original post by AzureCeleste

Disgusting tbh shouldn't have swam, I mean that's not sanitary!!!!
Cough a bit and try angling towards your back
Just a quick reminder to keep the posts in this thread on topic please.
Either a leg on the loo and try and push it in or stand in a wide leg stance with a bit of a squat, also don't try and push it straight up vertically it needs to go at a bit of an angle.
Disgusting tbh shouldn't have swam, I mean that's not sanitary!!!!

Wow people not knowing how pads work. Yes you can swim with them.
Have you never seen a kid with a swim nappy... same bloody concept...
Original post by Anonymous
same bloody concept...

Pun? And I know how pads work! That's why I'm cringing.
Op do not wear a pad whatever you bloody do. Either force the minging tampon in or stay home and wait til your period has stopped for the love of me.
Original post by Obolinda
Cough a bit and try angling towards your back

What..... :rofl:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Just a quick reminder to keep the posts in this thread on topic please.

Yet this is in the relationship forum. K.
And I know how pads work!

Of course, you do.
Wow

Quick Reply

Latest