The Student Room Group

Snooping: found my boyfriend meeting with his ex

Scroll to see replies

OP said she isn't too bothered about her bf hanging out with his ex but about the fact that he lied.

I don't think its okay to lie in a relationship, if you care about your other half you have to stay open and honest with each other. If he wants to keep seeing his ex (as a friend) then so be it but I don't think its right that he lied. I would confront him, and just tell him the truth that his facebook was still logged in and you have seen that he has met his ex. Stay calm and open to what he has to say. If he gets angry or embarrassed that hes been caught then something is still going on. If he explains he didn't tell you because he didn't want to upset you, say you understand but would prefer it if he was honest about it in the future.

If he loves you and respect your relationship then he will respect your opinion.. hope it goes well!
Reply 21
Original post by arayadurham
Does that make the lying okay though? And I honestly didn't react badly, they see eachother a lot and I really do try and be cool about it because I get it's a tough situation. But I told him it makes me uncomfortable when they hang out late at night 1 on 1 with eachother. And that's exactly what they're doing now. The fact he would do something he knows makes me uncomfortable and lie to my face about it suggests he puts her before me and I don't know if I'm okay with that.

I appreciate your help though, you being a guy in a similar situation is helpful

You should not be ok with him. And if he spends so much time with her how do you know that he is not very physically intimate with her. You know he lies to you so why trust him?
The next move you must take is threatening to leave him and tell him that if he likes that girl so much that he should go stay with her. Leave him if he states that he'd rather be with that girl
Lack of trust, lying = no relationship. Time to end it
First of all what is it with girls and 'stumbling upon' stuff. No, you were looking, we would all do it so just admit it.

To actually answer, I cannot think of a legitimate reason why he would still be talking to an ex if you find it uncomfortable. Honestly it should be uncomfortable for him more than anyone, the fact it is not is a bit troubling. Try talking to him again, dont bring up the messages, and absolutely do not use the same 'it was an accident I didnt mean to find them' if you do. Instead try and explain one more time just how uncomfortable it is what he is doing and how much of an awkward situation it is causing between you two. Anyone should be able to understand where you are coming from. You cannot force him to do anything however, but if he is a decent guy and loves you he knows it is best if he listens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending