The Student Room Group

bf never cleans the toilet when he makes a mess

I been living with my bf for a few months now but the thing is every time he uses the toilet for a number 2 he never cleans it after and its always messy like poo everywhere, I don't understand why firstly he makes sucha mess because I don't and why he wont clean it I have had a go at him several times for doing it but he doesn't listen, advice?

Scroll to see replies

tell him clean the mess or no you tonight
Withhold sex until he does, not good of there are already issues like this when you are living together
This is disgusting and I am surprised that you stay with him. People can have bowel issues, but at least clean up afterwards.
I agree it takes very little effort to keep the bowl clean. No excuses!!!!
EW!!!!! That’s absolutely revolting
Imagine what it would be like if you had a child together.
That's why I don't have a girlfriend. I wouldn't stand being with someone so stupid to pick a guy who can't even clean his own mess.
As long as the excrement is in the toilet bowl and not on the seat or floor, leave it there.

It's not going to do any harm, apart from making your toilet a bit smellier.

You have a choice. Either tolerate this or leave him.
Don't try to change him. Don't nag him about this. Don't nag him about anything. No one likes being nagged.

Nobody's perfect. As imperfections go, this is such a mild and unimportant one that if this is his biggest fault, he is actually a great boyfriend.
Original post by PTMalewski
That's why I don't have a girlfriend. I wouldn't stand being with someone so stupid to pick a guy who can't even clean his own mess.

Yeah, maybe the very reason I don't jump into a relationship so soon. It's the best news in the world to move in quickly with a partner and have a situation like that. A big no-no. I don't care if i have to share a bathroom with friends or even family first, to later maturely discuss the situation of a toilet... a ceramic made toilet and to experience taking care of the ceramic made toilet and then be a forerunner in that. The army and its troops have to dig a hole in the ground and go to war for us and here's a guy the original poster explains, who jumps in a relationship like that and think it looks good sharing a house, maybe at a very young age, like there's no toilet at all.
Original post by rcmotorboy
Yeah, maybe the very reason I don't jump into a relationship so soon. It's the best news in the world to move in quickly with a partner and have a situation like that. A big no-no. I don't care if i have to share a bathroom with friends or even family first, to later maturely discuss the situation of a toilet... a ceramic made toilet and to experience taking care of the ceramic made toilet and then be a forerunner in that. The army and its troops have to dig a hole in the ground and go to war for us and here's a guy the original poster explains, who jumps in a relationship like that and think it looks good sharing a house, maybe at a very young age, like there's no toilet at all.

Don't get me wrong. If you slept with someone, the person's dirt is not likely to do any more damage. I simply hate people who prefer people less intelligent than I am. And someone has to be seriously stupid or extremely selfish not to clean up his own mess.
Original post by rcmotorboy

Don't think she said how long she had actually been with her boyfriend
he sounds childish
it is a common sense to clean up.

it is like a personal hygiene. You would have a shower at least once a day. To wash away the daily dirt and grime.
Do the laundry to wash way the smell and sweat on your clothing.

It shows how selfish your boyfriend can be. Leaving disgusting chores for you to do
You’re supposed to be his partner not a surrogate mother. If he doesn’t respect your home and you enough to clean up hit own (literal) **** then you’re wasting your energy on him. Get out of there.

Alternatively tell his mum that he’s doing this and ask if he did that at home. She’ll either explain why he’s an immature selfish prick or she’ll back you up and give him a kick up the arse.
(edited 4 years ago)
He's really not ready to be living with someone - far too selfish. and babyish. He has no respect for you so there's absolutely no future for you in this relationship. If it's this bad so early in your relationship when he should be wanting to please you there's no hope.
Original post by Anonymous
I been living with my bf for a few months now but the thing is every time he uses the toilet for a number 2 he never cleans it after and its always messy like poo everywhere, I don't understand why firstly he makes sucha mess because I don't and why he wont clean it I have had a go at him several times for doing it but he doesn't listen, advice?

drop him
Gross. I couldn't be with someone whose sense of hygiene was so poor.

Sounds like he needs to live back with mummy and daddy until he can look after himself.
Sorry, but I wouldn’t exactly call this “minor”. It’s disgusting and unhygienic. It barely takes a second to flush a toilet, and is something that should be mastered at toddler age.

Original post by Dunnig Kruger
As long as the excrement is in the toilet bowl and not on the seat or floor, leave it there.

It's not going to do any harm, apart from making your toilet a bit smellier.

You have a choice. Either tolerate this or leave him.
Don't try to change him. Don't nag him about this. Don't nag him about anything. No one likes being nagged.

Nobody's perfect. As imperfections go, this is such a mild and unimportant one that if this is his biggest fault, he is actually a great boyfriend.
Original post by hannychica
Sorry, but I wouldn’t exactly call this “minor”. It’s disgusting and unhygienic. It barely takes a second to flush a toilet, and is something that should be mastered at toddler age.

My understanding is that he does flush the toilet. But that he doesn't brush away any cling-ons left inside the toilet bowl.

Even if he doesn't flush the toilet sometimes - and I've lived with people that sometimes forget or I've forgotten to flush it myself now and again when distracted - it only takes a second for the next person to flush it.

Finding it disgusting is a highly subjective reaction. You might find the odd cling-on inside a toilet bowl disgusting, I find it entirely unimportant.

On the hygiene thing, it's not like anyone's going to eat their dinner off the inside of the toilet bowl. It's not like anyone's going to touch the inside of the toilet bowl with their bare skin. It's not like the bacteria in the excrement blobs left in the toilet bowl are going to migrate up the porcelain and onto the seat and from there into our blood stream or digestive system.

For an example of bad hygiene, check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCT_D6HBd8
for examples of bad hygiene where it's important.

I take hygiene seriously where it matters: food - particularly flesh and dairy products.
I pay minimal attention to hygiene where it doesn't matter - the inside of my toilet bowl.
You are welcome to have whatever hygiene routines you desire. However, let's be clear where hygiene is important for health and safety and where it isn't.

We could also get into semantics. The online dictionary definition of hygiene is "conditions or practices conducive to maintaining health and preventing disease, especially through cleanliness."
Therefore, in an adult household, an unflushed or uncleaned toliet bowl is perfectly hygienic.

That is actually the whole pupose of the flushing toilet. To provide a hygienic human waste disposal facility. Even if it's not cleaned or flushed by the previous user.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending