The Student Room Group

Is this rude of me? Just wanted opinions?

Ok so when i go to the cinema with family, my mum, aunt etc Im known/criticised for moving seats/not sitting next to them. Say there are plenty seats available I feel much comfier leaving a gap so I can spread out properly and use the armrest etc.

The second time I went with them it was quite full and i was sat next to my aunt and a girl/stranger at the other side who was coughing (im also known for being ocd with colds). There was an empty row in front of us My aunt wouldnt move (fair enough) so i went and got a coffee then on the way back sat on the empty row in front.

My aunt thinks im weird for it but I just wanted opinions I dont see it as a big deal I think if spreading out more increases comfort why not do it.
Exactly don’t change your ways and just be you!
Just be yourself and carry on in the manner you usually would.
Dont change!!!!
I think a lot of people would rather sit on their own in a situation like this but don't have the guts. Like how often do you feel really uncomfortable sitting next to someone on a bus but then when 2 free seats become available together, you don't move because you feel it would be awkward?

I think it was totally fine to do what you did - don't overthink it!
Nothing more annoying than not being able to use your own armrest in a cinema

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending