The Student Room Group

Need some advice about an ex girlfriend

So I broke up with a girl I was seeing almost 3 months ago. I decided too end it with her which was difficult for me I really liked her but she has a terrible weed habit and it just wasn't for me. When I sent her the text saying ive loved spending time with you but I dont think it will work.

Her response was abit odd she said that she actually really cared for me and told me things she would tell anyone else and she said I will not be messaging you ever again you will regret it.

So yesterday night i went out partying and filming on snap chat got really drunk with a mate ive been out before and she has seen it. But she randomly texts me saying please stay safe you. We have ended up talking again oddly throughout the day im just wondering why she would message me again? when she knows its over its also playing with my head I dont really know what too do.
Original post by Anonymous
So I broke up with a girl I was seeing almost 3 months ago. I decided too end it with her which was difficult for me I really liked her but she has a terrible weed habit and it just wasn't for me. When I sent her the text saying ive loved spending time with you but I dont think it will work.

Her response was abit odd she said that she actually really cared for me and told me things she would tell anyone else and she said I will not be messaging you ever again you will regret it.

So yesterday night i went out partying and filming on snap chat got really drunk with a mate ive been out before and she has seen it. But she randomly texts me saying please stay safe you. We have ended up talking again oddly throughout the day im just wondering why she would message me again? when she knows its over its also playing with my head I dont really know what too do.

She was speaking out of emotion when she said she’s through and you’ll regret it. Did you regret it?

Her original message saying she would never talk to you again was probably coming from a place of hurt and anger and probably didn't reflect her true feelings. Its most likely that she still has some sort of feelings for you and cares about you, hence why she wanted you to stay safe. I'm not saying her having feelings is her being still in love with you or wanting to get back together or anything but feelings for someone don't just go away. I guess she's messaging you again because she enjoys/ misses talking to you. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. It is okay (one might even say good) to be friends with your exes. If you want to keep talking to her, that's fine but just make sure you don't lead her on or flirt too much and you should be able to stay just friends.
Reply 3
Her original message saying she would never talk to you again was probably coming from a place of hurt and anger and probably didn't reflect her true feelings. Its most likely that she still has some sort of feelings for you and cares about you, hence why she wanted you to stay safe. I'm not saying her having feelings is her being still in love with you or wanting to get back together or anything but feelings for someone don't just go away. I guess she's messaging you again because she enjoys/ misses talking to you. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. It is okay (one might even say good) to be friends with your exes. If you want to keep talking to her, that's fine but just make sure you don't lead her on or flirt too much and you should be able to stay just friends.

Yeah I get what your saying I also apologised too her yesterday for the message i sent her ending it that is was abit ****ty of me too do. What im wondering does she want to get back with me? She is usually the first too view my stories I also dont know if i did make a rash heartless decision in ending it with her when she was a lovely person she just prioritised weed a lot of everything else and it bothered me.
Reply 4
She was speaking out of emotion when she said she’s through and you’ll regret it. Did you regret it?

Im really not sure I just feel ****ty with the way I ended it with her like maybe it was abit of a quick decision? it was my first reltionship so I didn't know how too deal with it if im honest.
Yeah I get what your saying I also apologised too her yesterday for the message i sent her ending it that is was abit ****ty of me too do. What im wondering does she want to get back with me? She is usually the first too view my stories I also dont know if i did make a rash heartless decision in ending it with her when she was a lovely person she just prioritised weed a lot of everything else and it bothered me.

It is possible that she does. Put it this way - if she really hated you, she definitely wouldn't be messaging you, she obviously isn't just being polite because she is the one who messaged you first. If you want to find out then you'll have to keep messaging her. But don't lead her on that would be cruel
Im really not sure I just feel ****ty with the way I ended it with her like maybe it was abit of a quick decision? it was my first reltionship so I didn't know how too deal with it if im honest.

Sounds like you have unfinished business tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending