The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan - Changed my mind.

Hi. The issue that I have is that I now want to choose the maximum maintenance loan. When I originally applied I chose to take the standard maintenance loan but I was eligible for the maximum maintenance loan which was about £7,400. I've received the letter of my application being approved and it shows my loan amount is £3,410. My parents want me to change that amount to maximum maintenance loan amount as it will be beneficial for us. So I try attempt to change it by logging in to my account and changing my application. I am given two options when I try to change my loan amount online. 1) to take max amount which is £3,410 or 2) type in a specific amount I want. I am confused because I was eligible for the maximum loan amount of about £7,400 but it says my maximum loan amount is £3,410. Shall I get my parents to support my application? Is there any way to change my maximum loan amount? please help.
Original post by HardandAspiring
Hi. The issue that I have is that I now want to choose the maximum maintenance loan. When I originally applied I chose to take the standard maintenance loan but I was eligible for the maximum maintenance loan which was about £7,400. I've received the letter of my application being approved and it shows my loan amount is £3,410. My parents want me to change that amount to maximum maintenance loan amount as it will be beneficial for us. So I try attempt to change it by logging in to my account and changing my application. I am given two options when I try to change my loan amount online. 1) to take max amount which is £3,410 or 2) type in a specific amount I want. I am confused because I was eligible for the maximum loan amount of about £7,400 but it says my maximum loan amount is £3,410. Shall I get my parents to support my application? Is there any way to change my maximum loan amount? please help.

Yes. If you have the option to add your parents details to support your application then do that. It will start the process of getting household income information to assess what additional loan you are eligible for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending