The Student Room Group

Course change.

Hi.

I’m a second year finance and economics student.

I changed courses at the beginning of this year. And put it into the SFE system.

I’ve previously had three years of study pardoned due to mental health.

Will this change of course effect the funding I receive for my course?

I received confirmation of three years funding last year. And two years this year (before the course change), I’m currently waiting on the course change effects on funding.

Because the course fees haven’t been paid yet am I right to say, I can continue with the course and be funded by SFE?

or should I expect an issue? The university are aware I’ve changed and they’re just handling the subject change and timetable change. I informed SFE right away and haven’t had any updates yet.

I did receive my first maintenance loan of the academic year though, as was agreed when applying for second year finance. (Different is now that it’s second year finance “with economics”).

Thanks , any help is appreciated.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Hi.

I’m a second year finance and economics student.

I changed courses at the beginning of this year. And put it into the SFE system.

I’ve previously had three years of study pardoned due to mental health.

Will this change of course effect the funding I receive for my course?

I received confirmation of three years funding last year. And two years this year (before the course change), I’m currently waiting on the course change effects on funding.

Because the course fees haven’t been paid yet am I right to say, I can continue with the course and be funded by SFE?

or should I expect an issue? The university are aware I’ve changed and they’re just handling the subject change and timetable change. I informed SFE right away and haven’t had any updates yet.

I did receive my first maintenance loan of the academic year though, as was agreed when applying for second year finance. (Different is now that it’s second year finance “with economics”).

Thanks , any help is appreciated.

Hi, all eligible students receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year. As long as you still have funding available then it will be fine. It currently takes us up to 8 weeks to process changes.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending