The Student Room Group

mom is so controlling

i went to opticians and told i have to get glasses and my mom didnt even let me choose and dictated which ones i picked up , when she liked one she said to me do i like it and i said they're ok and she said i look good in these as she wants me to look smart but i just see myself as a nerd in the big thick glasses that don't even suit my face . i was searching for 2 minutes and my mom was so pressurizing and dictative and was saying im taking too long and its getting weird . i mean she searches and demands my phone whenever , randomly . and just searches through the phone (which i bought) . i am a british pakistani btw so parents are apparently more strict ?

my mom basically controls what i do everyday : im 16 so i can't really do anything
also my mom despises when i want to do my own things and wants me to live with her instead of my own place with my own family . im getting very depresses and bored doing the same things everyday and can't do nothing about it .
Where the glasses that you wanted more expensive than the ones she suggested?

Are you female?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by glassalice

no , they were cheaper by £40 , i did'nt even get to pick up much glasses due to picking ones my mom liked . i had a discount so under £99 is free and my ones were £80
Reply 3

Are you female?

Nope , i'm male
Original post by Anonymous
no , they were cheaper by £40 , i did'nt even get to pick up much glasses due to picking ones my mom liked . i had a discount so under £99 is free and my ones were £80

Your best option may be to move out as soon as it is finically viable.
Are you planning on going to uni?
How would she react if you told her that she was overstepping?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Your best option may be to move out as soon as it finically viable.

well ,I am unsure because im from a working class family and live with my 2 siblings and we make just about enough to make ends meet and have no money for uni but my mom 100% is forcing me to go
Original post by Anonymous
well ,I am unsure because im from a working class family and live with my 2 siblings and we make just about enough to make ends meet and have no money for uni but my mom 100% is forcing me to go

You need to look into student finance, you may be eligible for tuition fee and maintenance loans so you won't need any money from your family to go to uni.
Reply 7
Your best option may be to move out as soon as it is finically viable.
How would she react if you told her that she was overstepping?

i've done this before and gotten shouted at a lot so i dont do it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending