The Student Room Group

What time is the deadline to respond to offers

Scroll to see replies

Any help guys? Im slightly panicking now that I dont know when the actual deadline will be. I guess im fortunate to still have my offers (they werent declined) but i’ve been stressing about which ones to pick, and now I almost had hope of the deadline being extended (as they did last year apparently.) I know we need to wait until they release a statement but I am definitely panicking ....
Original post by SaintSaint
Any help guys? Im slightly panicking now that I dont know when the actual deadline will be. I guess im fortunate to still have my offers (they werent declined) but i’ve been stressing about which ones to pick, and now I almost had hope of the deadline being extended (as they did last year apparently.) I know we need to wait until they release a statement but I am definitely panicking ....

Have a cup of tea and relax

Wait until lunchtime to see what ucas say later on. If your deadline still stands then pick your firm and insurance after lunch. You can still change your mind for 14 days after you reply to your offers by ringing ucas.
Original post by PQ
Have a cup of tea and relax

Wait until lunchtime to see what ucas say later on. If your deadline still stands then pick your firm and insurance after lunch. You can still change your mind for 14 days after you reply to your offers by ringing ucas.

But I could only swap my firm and insurance around in those 14 days right? I couldnt go back to one of the other offers I have... I have it narrowed down to 3 of my 4 but out of those 3 I have no clue - everyone says that i must like one more but i dont feel pulled to any of them more than the others. So I would have to pick two out of the 3 and it’s driving me insane.
Reply 23
Are you sure? Is there somewhere that has confirmed this?

https://twitter.com/ucas_online/status/1402892339853529088
Are you sure? Is there somewhere that has confirmed this?

hi, ucas posted an update on twitter and facebook, they say the error should be fixed by 11: https://twitter.com/ucas_online/status/1402893604859809792
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by maralehm
hi, ucas posted an update on twitter and facebook, they say the error should be fixed by 11: https://twitter.com/ucas_online/status/1402893604859809792

Hi, Yes thank you for the update. I did message their twitter account to ask wether the deadline would be extended, as they didnt release an update on the deadline times etc.
But I could only swap my firm and insurance around in those 14 days right? I couldnt go back to one of the other offers I have... I have it narrowed down to 3 of my 4 but out of those 3 I have no clue - everyone says that i must like one more but i dont feel pulled to any of them more than the others. So I would have to pick two out of the 3 and it’s driving me insane.

you can swap your REPLIES in those 14 days. That means changing decline to firm and vice versa....and replies can be changed

the question is, if they did extend the deadline is there anything new that can be discovered to help you decide or do you just need to go with what you know now
Original post by PQ
you can swap your REPLIES in those 14 days. That means changing decline to firm and vice versa....and replies can be changed

So I can end up accepting one that I reject today? As long as I change within 14 days??
See guys, I made this post 9 hours ago because I predicted this would happen :P

You can thank me later
But I did nearly have a panic attack when I got an email saying there was an update and it said "you did not reply to your offers in time"

:nyan:
So I can end up accepting one that I reject today? As long as I change within 14 days??

yes

and beyond that up until mid July with the agreement of all your universities (I've never known a university refuse)
Original post by ReadingMum
the question is, if they did extend the deadline is there anything new that can be discovered to help you decide or do you just need to go with what you know now

Just logged back on. It’s been fixed but there’s no extension
Original post by Jonathanツ
See guys, I made this post 9 hours ago because I predicted this would happen :P

You can thank me later

witchcraft!!!
Original post by PQ
witchcraft!!!

Not really xD

Just me been a later rather than sooner person, leaving it till the last minute as always...

But I'm pretty sure this is the most comments I have ever gotten on a post so I guess I'm happy :P
Original post by PQ
yes

and beyond that up until mid July with the agreement of all your universities (I've never known a university refuse)

23rd July
What is the actual likelihood of them extending the deadline? The application deadline extension was so valuable and helped me a lot (coming from someone who was starting his personal statement on January 14th)

I just feel like since they gave me a heart attack when I woke up that I deserve compensation -_-
What is the actual likelihood of them extending the deadline? The application deadline extension was so valuable and helped me a lot (coming from someone who was starting his personal statement on January 14th)

I just feel like since they gave me a heart attack when I woke up that I deserve compensation -_-

I’ve been asking about it and it seems like there isnt any immediate decision on their end to extend the deadline. But i think we might be able to potentially get one if enough people ask, I’ve been trying to ask UCAS on twitter and I have seen some other people ask too. So if you potentially would like an extension, might be worth asking on UCAS, if they see enough people asking, they may have to decide to.
I’ve been asking about it and it seems like there isnt any immediate decision on their end to extend the deadline. But i think we might be able to potentially get one if enough people ask, I’ve been trying to ask UCAS on twitter and I have seen some other people ask too. So if you potentially would like an extension, might be worth asking on UCAS, if they see enough people asking, they may have to decide to.

please-give-us-a-deadline-extension.jpg
Reply 39

Lolllll I thought I was bad, you were brave leaving it to the 14th 😂 We defo need compensation😭 I get what you mean about the heart attack, I feel like this close call with the deadline is gonna be the thing that makes me get my act together in future 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending